schaeffers or auto-rx?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHZR2

Staff member
Hi,

OK I have two situations:
-1991 BMW 318i, 83k miles. Has hydraulic valves, and I hae noticed that there is a ticking in the tappets. Worse when hot... I might have seen a bit of oil consumption over that last 2000 miles on this pennzoil longlife 15w-40, but I need to verify later today. Most important is to clean out the hydraulic valves, to hopefully make the tick go away
-1998 Chevy S-10, 35k miles. Had a trace of glycol in the oil at last analysis. want to be sure that in case there is a bit of a leak from time to time (if so it doesnt appear to be serious, and I think it was due to a power flush) the engine is better protected. The engine sits for about a week at a time then is ddriven so the oil gets up to temperature. only has 35k miles on it, and the oil has been changed every 3k, using mostly pennzoil.

What would be best for these two situations? Neither car leaks when synth is used, I just want to have the cleaning and protection for each. What do I want, auto RX, schaeffers neutra of #132?
Auto rx is expensive, I dont know how much the neutra costs, but Ive heard good things about both... So comments and suggestions would be really appreciated.
Tahnks

JMH

I used Neutra 131 to remove sludge from the crankcase of a 1997 BMW 318i with the 1.9L M44 engine. The Neutra 131 was very effective in removing the crud. It took two treatments and about 900 miles to remove the build-up from the inside of the motor. It did not remove all of the varnish but the motor is about 95% cleaner now than before I used the Neutra 131. I would recommend using either Neutra 131 or AutoRX. You can't go wrong either way.

Pennzoil 15w-40 would be a great oil to use with either Neutra 131 or AutoRX. The high TBN of the Pennzoil 15w-40 should help a lot to clean up the inside of your motor.

I ordered the Neutra 131 from Tim Mills. His staff was very professional and I had the product in about a week. He is a site supporter. His office number is 1-800-737-1747 or 1-870-772-7061.

[ May 25, 2003, 09:36 PM: Message edited by: Sin City ]

Let me make a point clear here if I may.

Neutra is a faster, more aggressive ester, whereas Auto-RX has a mixture of gently but slower cleaning esters, with many esters derived from natural substances. Neutra is a purely synthesized hydrocarbon ester.

I have not seen any recommendations for using Neutra as a maintenance additive where Auto Rx is so Auto rx is more designed as a long term additive to maintain a clean engine, where as Neutra is used prior to oil changes mainly to clean out acids and such during an oil changeover.

The alternatives are there I'd consider the Auto Rx in respect to long term cleaning and maintenance as that is what Frank designed and guaranteed it for and Schaeffers didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back