Question for the auto rx guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think Auto rx will clean this engine?

another pic

It is a KA24DE in a 1993 Nissan 240sx. The engine idles smoothly, feels like it has plenty of power, and doesn't seem to burn an abnormal amount of oil.

However from the pics it seems as if the engine was run hot in the past and/or oil changes were ignored. The engine has ~122,000 miles on it and the deposits are a mix of varnish, waxy sludge, and hard grainy bits.

If I am assured that Auto rx will clean this engine then I will follow the procedure and post followup pics for others to see the results.

As a bonus:

There *might* be a compression issue with this engine. My engine is showing 75-85psi on all cylinders which is about half of what this engine should have. I need to test my compression gauge to confirm this because the engine doesn't exibit the symptoms of low compression. If it *is* engine related then it will probably be stuck rings from overheating/deposits and Auto rx can be tested in that respect too.

BTW, I already checked cam timing as a possibility for low compression and the even readings would indicate it is not an issue with the head gasket, valves, etc. Thats why I am leaning toward stuck rings.

[ May 23, 2003, 01:04 AM: Message edited by: Aaron ]

Aaron, One of the great benefits of Auto-Rx is the fact that it cleans sludge, varnish and all third party abrasives from your engine. For your particular application, you need to go to www.auto-rx.com and follow application titled "Special Application Instructions For Saturn Twin Cam Engines - Toyota V-6 Engines". This is 8 steps which must be followed. This is the only application of Auto-Rx that can help you in your particular situation. This is a much lower cost option than tearing your engine apart and cleaning by hand, even then you would not get rid of all sludge. Auto-Rx will -- we guarantee it!

So you are saying Auto Rx will NOT completely clean this engine?

With the critic(s) you have had lately I was actually hoping this could be a real test of your product. No analysis just pictures that were not open to personal opinion.

Considering the reviews you seem to be getting here I am dissapointed to hear this from you.

[ May 23, 2003, 08:52 AM: Message edited by: Aaron ]

Aaron,

You need to read more carefully. Frank said that by tearing down your engine and hand cleaning everything you still will not get everything clean. But Auto-RX WILL clean everything.

quote:

Originally posted by Aaron:
So you are saying Auto Rx will NOT completely clean this engine?

With the critic(s) you have had lately I was actually hoping this could be a real test of your product. No analysis just pictures that were not open to personal opinion.

Considering the reviews you seem to be getting here I am dissapointed to hear this from you.

Did you read the Auto-Rx post(?) which clearly states Auto-Rx will clean your engine! It also states you have to follow application instructions outlined in Auto-Rx post. Comprehensive reading is mandatory in order to follow instructions. What's up with your statement; photos only as test? Aaron, think you want free product to do some homemade test. Sorry you have to buy it.

quote:

Originally posted by Aaron:
There *might* be a compression issue with this engine. My engine is showing 75-85psi on all cylinders which is about half of what this engine should have. I need to test my compression gauge to confirm this because the engine doesn't exibit the symptoms of low compression.

I've had motors that had lousy compression in a compression test but ran pretty good, esp if you ran them out. I think it's fairly common for a compression compromised motor to maintain dynamic compression at higher engine speeds; a leak down would tell you more.

Robert

I am not an Auto-Rx nay sayer. Auto-Rx will no doubt clean this engine. As will good synthetic oil, albeit slower.

I would go with the complete Auto-Rx instructions and then post the pictures!!! That would be SOOOOOOOOOOO cool!!!!!!!!!!!! Why does no one do this?

Now as for thin film, aged, ancient varnish on non-wear surfaces. I have NOT seen any evidence, yet, that Auto-Rx cleans this. I'm running a test now. Zero improvement, yet.

Is this thin film varnish harmful? (doubt it)

Finally!!!!!!!
a before picture.
totally use Auto-RX, and then post pictures afterwards.
If I've missed it, please, please tell me, but I haven't yet see a before and after picture for Auto-RX. I've only seen AFTER pictures, which IMHO, are useless without a BEFORE picture.

I'm going to have to side with Frank here. While his replies are sometime a little formulaic, I would always consider them within the realm of professional. On the other hand, I would definitely not use this description for a couple of recent skeptics who seem more interested in disprupting the board than having an honest discussion.

Pablo, Had no intention of talking down to you. You and I have talked on the phone about you using Auto-Rx in your business; would like to have you use Auto-Rx along with my other Amsoil friends. Have a nice Memorial Day weekend!

Frank

No worries Frank. I understand the position you are put in. If people can't front $50 to conduct a test when you offer a 100% money back guarantee, then screw-em. And, people really do need to learn how to read. The number of people that don’t follow your instructions, then complain the product isn’t working as advertised is simply amazing. I’d be frustrated at times too. Have a great weekend.
cheers.gif

Frank,

Sorry if I came across the wrong way. The fact still remains that I am skeptical about the product. Aren't we all skeptical about things at times? I have tried oil additives in the past that weren't worth the container they were shipped in. They didn't work as advertised! If I didn't have an interest in your product I wouldn't be writing this!

Life is a give and take relationship. I give more than I take, especially in my business. Goodwill is the lifeblood of good business I am a firm believer in that. Its not about the free product, you missed the point!

I wish you the best of luck in your business.

Take care,

Eric

I'm clean, but I too remain skeptical - mainly about cleaning old thin film varnish. I do need more proof. That engine (above) would be a good test case - the before and after shots at the rx website aren't that great.

And too be really honest the statements made have been that AutoRx cleans "varnish"...I just haven't seen it. So for you to tell me to: "just sell..." - well sorry....

As much as it frustrates me I do like Frank updating the application instructions....even though the bottle label can't keep up
(Especially for cars with 100K+ miles - two bottles! Maybe sell a 32 ouncer (1 qt) for $44.99??)

Aaron, aside from all the mis-understanding in this thread, remember this one thing. I, along with others, am very interested in seing pictures after you run Auto-RX in this engine. These are great shots, hope you can reproduce the angle and the light. I'm all eyes.

Pablo, I resemble Frank's point. I am currently running Auto-RX in my truck before I install my Amsoil by-pass filter with Amsoil 2000 0w-30. I will have an unused bottle of Amsoil engine flush on my self. The Auto-RX already has my engine running quieter. If it gets any quiter running Amsoil synthetic it won't make any noise.

Frank, when I read your posts I take them in the frame of being written by a chemist, not an editor.

C'mon! Seriously... Is that really the way you were going to button-back up your engine, Aaron?
nono.gif

Based upon those two pictures you pretty much have a previous abuse situation where, especially with 122K on it, it would just about take a complete tear down, hot tank, etc. to really clean that much accumulated gunk up (and off). IMHO
rolleyes.gif

I guess I don't really understand the logic of whether (or not?) it is worth it to TRY a viable $50 solution to an obvious problem vs. the much greater anticipated expense of extensive mechanical work. A treatment that works while you are still able to drive the vehicle.
burnout.gif

The compression check (or "re-check") #'s ought to give you a reality-based point of origin. The amount of third party material, varnish, grit & gunk probably warrants fresh oil & a couple filter changes per Auto-Rx treatment, again IMHO
wink.gif
I'm still wondering how people clean up the ring areas without tearing down their engines?

Just the amount of grit to be removed alone would be worth it to me if my goal was to be able to drive the car and not have to go through the expense & downtime associated with the other alternatives: solvent flushes, changing the oil with M1 every 500 miles, other cleaners which may certainly work but normally take a lot longer to see results, etc.

As far as the "will Auto-Rxclean THIS engine" goes I'd opine that it should certainly show some progress, but will it clean it up "completely", remove all traces of all that varnish, make it look like it did 122K ago? Probably not.

Will it do a good job of removing most of that crud? Probably will. It has in the past.

What is a reasonable expectation
dunno.gif

Without belaboring the discussion, anybody ever buy oven cleaner (here in the land of the "self-cleaning oven")? Did it "work"? Probably not quite like in the commercials, huh? Was it more effective than using dish soap in getting off baked on grease? Take less time than using a SOS pad?
offtopic.gif

Ever try Castrol Superclean on a barbeque grill? Works great! Won't make an old grill new, though.

Oh, well! Cheers!
cheers.gif

Aaron,

If you already have most of the covers off, why not try LC or Neutra by directly spraying or pouring it onto the surfaces, then using a brass brush to remove most of the visible and toughest areas of varnish?

Drain the oil and filter and refill with Delvac 1300 and Auto-RX and then let the ARX clean the internals you cannot see!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back