Anyone heard of this stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if it is any good or not, but it seems like somebody is always coming out with some sort of oil supplement or engine treatment. How do we know if this stuff is any good or not?

I personally am going to use the best oil for the best price that I can (I am switching to Schaeffer's Oil), the best oil filters for the best price, Neutra in the gas, and Auto-RX in the oil. I am not going to use any oil supplements except for Schaeffer's #132, which has been found to be good by people at this web site. The people at this web site are doing VOA and UOA all the time, and they KNOW what a lot of the good motor oils are. And don't kid yourself-some of the people at this web site work for oil companies or are dealer reps for various companies like Amsoil, Schaeffer's Oil, Redline, etc. If the people at this web site don't know motor oils, then nobody does.

I used to be interested in each new oil supplement that came along. If I could do it all over again, I would have used just the best motor oil, oil filters, etc., that I could. I don't know how long Auto-RX and Neutra have been around-if they have been around a long time, I would have used them too.

If you really want to find out about this stuff, send some in for VOA. Find out what is in the stuff.

Everybody keeps looking for the magic oil supplement, but it never seems to arrive!

I have been burned too many times by anecdotal testimonials and claims. What stikes me from their web site is absolutely no mention independent test results and of course, what lab did the testing etc. Almost no one provides the lab name which implies it is their own lab doing the work or manufacturing the results.

I have come to use a few additives in the past year even after being burned many times. Why, well, I have come to trust many of the opinions on this board and have also sat back and waited for the results of others before trying a Neutra or #132 etc. However, I still feel the best advice is that if your engine is operating fine and no problems then do not go looking for a better alternative. Additives are best left for a last resort IMO.

[ May 23, 2003, 08:20 AM: Message edited by: Spector ]

I don't know...but they do sell block grease for modern STEAM ENGINES!
gr_eek2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back