android or iPhone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
my BIL has a Galaxy - has soooo many gadgets, widgets, apps, etc etc and he has customized it to no end - 75% of his stuff on the phone never works right, and he reboots his phone all the time. battery life is about 5x worse than our iohones.

Our iphones may not have that many gimmicks, but has all what WE need, and all of it works flawlessly (4s) - not a single hiccup/reboot since we've owned them. And great size, too.

Originally Posted By: ToyotaNSaturn
iPhone supports Bluetooth 4.0, notable for BT audio uses as the 4.0 spec uses much less power than previous BT soec's.

Well, the iPhones I had had very limited Bluetooth support, mostly for headsets only.

Thus apps like Torque that connect OBD2 with smartphone can't work on iPhone.

Quote:
The iPhone does not support the OBEX file transfer protocol, which is what allows two Bluetooth-enabled devices to connect and share data. Because of this, the iPhone cannot connect to other phones or computers to share files. Some approved apps on the Apple App Store enable Bluetooth data sharing, but the transfer is usually limited to transfer to other iPhones or to iPads, and they support a restricted number of file types, especially photos.

http://techtips.salon.com/bluetooth-work-iphone-4987.html

Originally Posted By: 97tbird
my BIL has a Galaxy - has soooo many gadgets, widgets, apps, etc etc and he has customized it to no end - 75% of his stuff on the phone never works right, and he reboots his phone all the time. battery life is about 5x worse than our iohones.

Our iphones may not have that many gimmicks, but has all what WE need, and all of it works flawlessly (4s) - not a single hiccup/reboot since we've owned them. And great size, too.

That's the thing, android is for power users, iphone just for users.

One drives Lamborghini, another Toyota, same thing.

Good point. I am having a lot more fun with my galaxy nexus than my iPhone. my iPhone was simpler but more boring. And to be honest, I had more apps crash on the iPhone. Analogously, that is why I always bought VWs rather than toyotas . You have to tinker more and do more preventive maintenance but the fun to drive factor far outweighs the tinkering hassles especially since I had to drive through the W. Virginia mountains regularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back