In your dreams (see 5/22@11:33 pm.).....

Status
Not open for further replies.
IF money were no object, what auto engine lubricants and additives would you use? Not talking about filters and transmissions or rear ends.
grin.gif

Please see my modification on 5/22/11:33pm
smile.gif

[ May 22, 2003, 11:38 PM: Message edited by: Gebo ]

Shell Oil....well ok the Shell oil (and lubes) in the Ferrari F1 car...IF they throw the car in too.

Anyone watch the F1 race today, btw? - yes they did show the Shell mobile oil (and gas) analysis lab (gotta get one of those!) in the Ferrari truck - the Shell Engineer/Tech. mentioned BiTOG (
grin.gif
not) - but he did say:

"we don't actually analyze the oil - we analyze the wear metals IN the oil..." Hmmm.......he meant it like they know the oil absolutely won't break down (good stuff, no doubt) - they are just watching the engine (or gearbox) design....

quote:

Originally posted by Toy4x4:
Probably Amsoil in the '04 quad-cab 4x4 Tundra and Redline in the '04 NSX.
If only this was true...
fruit.gif
grin.gif

Why the 2 different oils?

Amsoil seems to be more of a long drain interval oil and Redline, loaded with moly and better ingredients, can take more abuse.
burnout.gif
It seems like this is the way those companies formulated their oils.

If money were no object then I would run Redline in everything I own. Money is a factor so whatever I can buy at local store on sale M1, Rotella T Synthetic and Delvac 1 are what normaly end up in my engines. I finaly had enough extra coin to order a bypass filter system so you might see me coughing up some extra money for Redline by next year.

quote:

Originally posted by cryptokid:
if money was no factor id use crude oil and just have the engine replaced every couple days. also id use no oil filter.

Not exactly what I meant
lol.gif

Mobil 1, Mobil 1 and Mobil 1. Don't see anything saying the others are better.
dunno.gif

Money is not the object when it comes to my car's engine. That's why I use Schaeffers as there is no doubt in my mind as to the quality of the oil and additives used.

buster have you looked at the UOA of the Toyota Carolla and Redline 10W30 oil??? If that is not proof enough then I do not know what is!

quote:

buster have you looked at the UOA of the Toyota Carolla and Redline 10W30 oil??? If that is not proof enough then I do not know what is!

Yeah, your right john, one car really shows Redline is better. I love sample sizes of 1. Great statistics.
rolleyes.gif

Seriously though, I'm sure Redline would outperform M1 in some cases, I have to see them though. Most likely race engines.

[ May 20, 2003, 04:59 PM: Message edited by: buster ]

cheers.gif
True enough one car or even better yet one UOA does not a data pool make. Put then again no one on this site short of some of those that do UOA for a liveing have enough UOA's to be meaninful statisticly. I will be posting some results hopefully by the end of the year with some 10,000 mile OCI results. I will be useing the old work car as the test mule.

offtopic.gif
buster work with me here. I am trying to start a Redline cult to compete with the Mobil1 cult!! I can see clearly that you want to join but are worried about the purple joging suite and nike shoes. Be different just say yes! Everyone has already said no!!!
grin.gif
lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back