How effective in cleaning the sludge monsters

Status
Not open for further replies.
How effective will engine cleaners like Auto-RX and Neutra be in cleaning up the sludge in the so-called 'sludge monsters?' Will such cleaners be able to save a lot of these vehicles? The sludge produced in some of these vehicles exceeds what happened in the past unless a person greatly abused a car or truck engine.

Auto-Rx has over 75 positive results in cleaning sludge from engines that by now are known as a
problem engines do to sludge build up. Dial up
www.auto-rx.com and click on "Proof of Value"
and read posts from owners of these cars. Auto-Rx in your oil. No other product does what Auto-Rx does so well and so safe.

I find it humerious that even though material cotrol is better, clearance are a bit tighter, tolerance have improved leaps and bounds in the last 10 year we still see few cars last significantly longer without power train issues. You would think that every GM, Ford and Diamler Chrysler car and truck would be lasting 300,000 miles with no problems. Toyota is not much better. While they are still going the distance they seem to have more sludge and oil consumptions problems then ever. The only thing they all have in common is a switch to 5W30 as the recomend viscosity for all conditions. In advent of these poor viscosity recomendations things like auto-rx, nuetra and LC are neded more now then ever!!! If you caould keep the oil galleys clear, pickup scree, and rings clear you would be fine. I work with a guy that bought a GMC( 5 years old 50,000 miles) cheap because it was burning alot of oil. He thought a rebuild was in order. He yanked the engine and started to disably it. He found that the rings were stuck due to build up. He cleaned all of the parts and they all measured out with in spec. So he cleaned the other parts and measured them as well. They were all good so he reassembled the engine and it has been motoring along now for a while with out any problem at all. So he was out a case of beer a few gaskets and some RTV. He got a great deal on a really nice truck because of bad oil and maybe some hit or miss maintence. I have to think that something like Auto-Rx , Nuetra or LC in additon to more frequent oil changes would have prevent this! If an engine is well cared for then you really should not have any need for these things. With the advent of leaseing vechiles we need these things more and more. People who lease do not use good oil or filters. Most people that lease use the chaepest fast oil cahnge they can find and change their oil at 7500 reguradless of their driveing schedule. I hear it all the time at work. These guys brag about the money they save buy only changeing the oil every 7500 miles at Jiffy lube. They do not do any of the other maintence at all!!! No filter changes, no differetial fluid or trany fluid trany changes. They only fix something once it has broke and usualy only when it is time to turn the car or truck in!!!! If they do any maintence it is always at the maximum service schedule and with the cheapest parts money can buy!

Everything you say is very true. Why should engines be built to last longer? Most of the American public still thinks that a 100,000 mile vehicle is junk, and they're just about right. Unless it has been babied, the door hinges, seats, dash, paint, etc. are trash, and when they feel that the car is shot they won't take care of the rest of it even if the mechanical parts would be OK with good maintenance. Anyway, we're in a disposable culture...cars included.

And, the engines are built for low emissions and high fuel mileage without equal consideration given to durability. The high placed piston rings minimize the pocket around the piston crown where unburned hydrocarbons can hide out and increase the emissions, but as you said so well, also get carbon build up in the ring grooves. The short piston skirt gives a lighter piston and less friction for a sliver better fuel mileage, but severe cold start knock (piston slap) may result with cylinder bore wear. Again, little or no consideration for engine durability.

I'm trying for 300 or 400k from my cars--best lubes, maintenance on schedule or earlier if needed, cars in the garage instead of cars in the sun and junk I never use filling the garage. We'll see...time will tell.

Ken

Ken you hit the nail on the head! It seems funny to me that most people do not look backwards and notice that while vechiles require less maintence from new to 100,000 miles then they did 10 years ago life expectency has droped and durability has as well. I see more cars now with 60K-80K smokeing like a smoke generator on a battle tank then I ever did in the 1980's and early 1990's.

John,
I to have seen the smoking vehicles more than I like. I have found, so far, that starting new on 2 of my vehicles, 1 a car and 1 a truck, that cleaning them with Auto-Rx and then using a maintenance dose with each oil change has kept the engine internals very clean. Analysis on the truck show that this works exceptional. I have not done analysis on the car.
I just finished a second Auto-Rx clean in my SIL 1989 GMC truck with a 4.3 V-6. He now has over 230K on the truck and no smoking. The truck has had Mobil 1 since new. So using the Auto-Rx in a high mileage vehicle has proven beneficial to me also.
Just my observations using this product.

So few people know anything about cars these days that a mechanic often can be treated like a docter. In college I made the mistake of leting people know I was a mechanic. I could not make it from one end of campus to the other with out getting stoped by at least 20 people.

[ May 17, 2003, 11:53 PM: Message edited by: JohnBrowning ]

quote:

Originally posted by Ken2:

.. cars in the garage instead of cars in the sun and junk I never use filling the garage.
Ken

Careful now Ken as you are getting close to home with that one
gr_stretch.gif

I've also always thought how stupid people are to have their garage stuffed with "garage sale" junk that would bring $100 in total so that they could leave their car outside all year in the elements. However in the past 6 months I've dropped to that level myself
blush.gif
, as I hauled some junk from my Uncle's old place and haven't had time to sort through it all. I'm reminded that I must do better
nono.gif

Well first let me start buy saying that I have no reason to think my car has sludge. It is a 1997 Buick Lasaber. It had M1 the first 80,000 and dino oil the last 29,000. I just finished first Auto-Rx treatment and do not have anything great to report. It appears to have done little that can be observed. I cut open my filter and only two little pleats had some sludge on them. The rest of the pleats looked like the old pre-Auto Rx filter. The fluid was a bit darker but I did not get the sludge that you see in the add's. SO either Auto-Rx did nothing in 500 miles or their is no sludge in the car's engine. I would seriously doubt that their is no sludge in the engine with 109,000 miles that had it's oil changed by the GM oil change computer. So far the engine still runs a bit rough and still leaks at the front and main seal. I am going to start the next phase of driveing for 1500 miles with dino oil before starting second treatment. I do not mean to dash anyones hopes but so far I have not seen anything significant. This is not to say that it has not helped the seals and maybe their was no sludge to grab hold of! I just find it hard to belive!!! P.S. I am in no way slaming the product I am just trying to be non-biased and report what I have found. I looked darn hard hopeing to find something significant in the filter but apart from some sand like grit that was not sludgey at all in the case their was really nothing to see. The few pleats that had traces faint traces of sludge were really insignificant.

[ May 18, 2003, 10:15 PM: Message edited by: JohnBrowning ]

quote:

Originally posted by JohnBrowning:
Well first let me start buy saying that I have no reason to think my car has sludge. It is a 1997 Buick Lasaber. It had M1 the first 80,000 and dino oil the last 29,000. I just finished first Auto-Rx treatment and do not have anything great to report. It appears to have done little that can be observed. I cut open my filter and only two little pleats had some sludge on them. The rest of the pleats looked like the old pre-Auto Rx filter. The fluid was a bit darker but I did not get the sludge that you see in the add's. SO either Auto-Rx did nothing in 500 miles or their is no sludge in the car's engine. I would seriously doubt that their is no sludge in the engine with 109,000 miles that had it's oil changed by the GM oil change computer. So far the engine still runs a bit rough and still leaks at the front and main seal. I am going to start the next phase of driveing for 1500 miles with dino oil before starting second treatment. I do not mean to dash anyones hopes but so far I have not seen anything significant. This is not to say that it has not helped the seals and maybe their was no sludge to grab hold of! I just find it hard to belive!!! P.S. I am in no way slaming the product I am just trying to be non-biased and report what I have found. I looked darn hard hopeing to find something significant in the filter but apart from some sand like grit that was not sludgey at all in the case their was really nothing to see. The few pleats that had traces faint traces of sludge were really insignificant.

I've used Auto-Rx too and am happy with the results. If you have been as good as you say to your engine I think the small amount of contaminants removed was worth it. Have you used an injector cleaner like Berryman or Neutra??

hadarrenc
Member # 680

posted May 23, 2003 01:23 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No worries Frank. I understand the position you are put in. If people can't front $50 to conduct a test when you offer a 100% money back guarantee, then screw-em. And, people really do need to learn how to read. The number of people that don’t follow your instructions, then complain the product isn’t working as advertised is simply amazing. I’d be frustrated at times too. Have a great weekend.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posts: 182 | From: Fresno, California | Registered: Dec 2002 | IP: Logged | thanks jubula Perhaps this answers his post

troy-heagy, I don't know if it is exactly the same message as messages I have posted in the past. I don't keep a precise record of everything I say in all of my posts and replies to posts. I would have to research my posts and replies to see if this message is like other messages I have posted and replied to. Maybe you have done the research.

I just really like this web site and I like to take part in the posting, the questions and answers, and the replies. I am interested in car maintenance (I was probably influenced by my father, who was a mechanic), and I feel that this web site is the best on the internet for finding out about motor oils, oil filters, air filters, etc. I like to take part in the discussions.

This web site has helped me to find what I consider to be better quality motor oil, better quality air and oil filters, and useful cleaning products like Auto-RX and Neutra.

I do not have any hidden agendas and I am not trying to throw a monkey wrench into the works.

Do you like taking part in the discussions and all of the interaction? I think that this web site is fun and informative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back