My car runs like new

Status
Not open for further replies.
My car has been running like new since I found this web site and discovered some products that actually work. Without this web site, I don't know how an ordinary person, without connections to an oil company, can determine what motor oils, oil filters, etc., to use.

I have discovered fuel system cleaners that actually clean fuel systems, oil filters that have better flow, and motor oil better than what I used in the past thanks to this web site and the people who come to this web site. I discovered Auto-RX here, which I think has made a big difference in the performance of my car. I am within days of receiving my Schaeffer's Oil.

I want to thank everybody who has suppied answers to my questions.

I think I am becoming somewhat addicted to this web site. I am going to have to force myself to cut back somewhat.

That's it - ONE POST PER DAY, MYSTIC.

If you can't cut back on your own, you'll be forced to go "cold turkey"
freak2.gif

Good to hear things are going well for you!

Face it, Mystic; you are a lube nut like the rest of us here! Wasn't it nice to find some products that actually worked?

Be prepared for that BobZoil(Schaeffer) you have coming. It's a very nice shade of *Green*.
grin.gif

Careful, you could wind up like me. Schaeffer grease in the greasegun, oil in the CP closet & all vehicles, Neutra in the CP closet, plus Auto-Rx, Lube Control, & Fuel Power. Over 140,000 miles now, & the Neon runs like a top!

Well, I am a lube nut. I can remember when I became a lube nut. I was a young boy helping my Dad change his oil (on his work pick-up truck, I think), and I looked down at the cans of oil on the floor of our old garage (back in those days they had cans of oil). I noticed all of the lettering on the cans (in those days, ML, MM, MS, etc.), and wondered what it all meant. I became interested and eventually even went to the library to study about motor oils. The more I read about motor oils the more I became interested. It has become one of my hobbies, I guess, in addition to photography, travel, art, etc.

The story of motor oil really is an incredible story. Chemists in the oil industry have tried virtually anything they could think of to improve motor oil quality. They have tried sperm whale oil and clorinated lubricants (which did not work because they caused corrosion-later the people who try to convince people to use oil supplements tried the very same stuff that had already been rejected).

There is something about motor oil which is almost like magic. It is interesting. A strange hobby maybe, but it is interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back