Mobil TDT 5w-40; 3.3k miles; Ford 6.4 PSD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea where to start looking for issues. 72,000ish on 6.4 w/ NO DPF. It has been deleted for almost 2 years now, hence no fuel/trace amounts.
I have 5yr/100k and I"m just few months from the 5yr but my extended warranty "Should" cover it BUT i have to double check if motor replacement is there.

Thoughts what may be going on??

08F350-blackstone060412.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like fuel contamination of some sort. I'd be concerned about that. You'll have to see if a more knowledgeable person can figure it out. In the meantime, maybe try Rotella a 5w40.

Disregard.

That obviously isn't Mobil 1 5w-30.

Whatever that oil was, I'm going to guess it foamed badly at some point and triggered the high oil level fault and caused some excess wear. The foaming/extra heat may have also caused the oil to oxidize somewhat it seems.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Eddie
Viscosity went high also. Did you run an oil thickening additve? Something or some detail is missing here.

No
and
Nope, thats all i've got.

Originally Posted By: JRed
Disregard.

Whatever that oil was, I'm going to guess it foamed badly at some point and triggered the high oil level fault and caused some excess wear. The foaming/extra heat may have also caused the oil to oxidize somewhat it seems.

Yes it is. I got 10 gallons of the diesel synthetic
The first 15 or so quarts went in 3200 miles ago.
and I have 5 full gallons sitting in my garage.

I was leaving work when the fault level went. I talked w/ Eric at IDP and it is a tuning issue, not a oil level issue.
I have got the egts high a few times but only for a few secs for 1/4 runs.

Originally Posted By: Roadkingnc
Bad injector starting to burn a piston, have seen it in ford superdutys with this engine

I'm thinking about having a CCT and a compression test run.

Originally Posted By: powerlifter405

Isn't the diesel synthetic Mobil 1 Turbo Diesel Truck 5w-40?

Originally Posted By: Bandito440

Isn't the diesel synthetic Mobil 1 Turbo Diesel Truck 5w-40?

There's also a few low SAPS oils that are 5w-30 if I remember correctly.

Disregard.

I was leaving work when the fault level went. I talked w/ Eric at IDP and it is a tuning issue, not a oil level issue.

From the thickening it appears that whatever this oil is isn't holding up to your service. Do you have an oil temp gauge? I can't imagine doing a few 1/4 mile runs is cooking the oil. What else is the truck used for?

Disregard.

From the thickening it appears that whatever this oil is isn't holding up to your service. Do you have an oil temp gauge? I can't imagine doing a few 1/4 mile runs is cooking the oil. What else is the truck used for?

Just back and forth to work 7 miles each way, and misc running errands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back