Auto-RX oil filter after 1250 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
For reference, 1999 Cadillac Seville 4.6L V8, 55K miles, 1000 miles on Delvac 1300S, Auto-RX and K&N:

-

1999 Dodge Grand Caravan 3.3L V6, 65K miles, 1250 miles on Mobil 1 SS 10-30, Auto-RX and K&N:

-

-

I don't know if the Cadillac filter started out darker, or the Dodge filter is just dirtier, but you can see the big difference in color. There is slghtly more dirt on the Cadillac, and it is definitely harder to see on the blacker Dodge filter.

Next steps:
Run the Dodge out to 3000 miles total on its new K&N, then drain and refill and try out the Trasko filter. Going to add an extra ATF cooler, ATF filter and temp. gauge at the same time.

Cadillac - not sure yet. Definitely run the oil out ot 3000, then cut open the filter and see if another full dose of Auto-RX makes sense.

Keith.

The Dodge we purchased new. Always run on Mobil 1 or Amsoil, changes every 7500 miles or thereabouts. No engine problems, transmission broken twice! Mostly city driving.

The Cadillac I bought coming off a GM lease, approx. 30K miles of unknown quality. Now at 56K miles and always on Mobil 1 or Amsoil - except for the current Delvac 1300S cleaning with Auto-Rx. I use Wide Open Throttle on occasion to blow out the carbon, a mixture of city and highway driving.

Both have K&N air filters. I installed those before discovering this forum.

Is there anything specific you would like to know?

I was surprised that the Dodge/Mobil 1 oil got dirty very quickly, and that was before the Auto-Rx was added. The Cadillac Delvac 1300S still looks quite clean, with Auto-Rx added. As you can see, the filters have picked up some crud. I have no idea if this is a significant amount or near normal. Never opened a filter before, so no frame of reference.

Keith.

Thanks! I was just wondering, that's all
smile.gif

Seems that the Caddy had more deposits, perhaps it was run on dino oil? The deposits caught in the filter sure look gritty.

best,
Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back