Frank AUTO-RX ???????

Status
Not open for further replies.
IF someone had a new vechile with no build up could Auto-RX be used as a preventive additive in the engine and trany? Could someone add 3 ounces to the engine oil each change and maybe 3 ounces every 15,000 miles to the trany fluid to keep everything clean or wold this negatively impact durability. I ask because I am all about preventive maintence. I would rather not allow the buildup in the engine and trans then have to try to get it out. Seeing how most of my experince with cars seems to always lead to or from a seal failure would this type of treatment prevent any seal hardening from ever happening? Thanks Frank. P.S. I have noticed a huge difference in my transmission with just a 150miles since I put the Auto-Rx in. I have not noticed much with the engine and the oil seems to be pretty clean still but we will see at 500! I used the cheapest oil I could find(walmart Tech2000 10W30) to make sure that their are no ester's in it.

Many using main dose (I will be). The oil does not seem to get too dirty but the filter sure does. Personally I feel 500 miles is too short if a pretty clean engine to start with?

Yes, a 3oz dose is a common mainteance dosage with this product, and not only will it keep the engine clean, but it has a secondary bonus of lowering engine wear, due to RX encapsulating the wear particles (keeping them from causing further wear)

More specifically, the maintenance dosage is 1/2 oz per quart of oil.

Auto-Rx in transmissions is a one time application good for 35,000 miles of hard driving. There is no need of using a "Transmission Additive", just a decent transmission fluid. Auto-Rx works on ratios and transmission is 6 ounces of Auto-Rx only and it is a one time application - no need for a maintenance dose. Transmission Fluid base oil is "ISO 68" (Hydraulic Oil) with either a simple additive package, or if your going to use synthetic transmission fluid, a complex additive package. At 1,000 miles drain your transmission including torque converter -- thats it your done.
RE: Engines - After finishing Auto-Rx cleansing, use 3 ounces of Auto-Rx with every oil change (this is maintenance amount). Auto-Rx works with ester fortified oil every day, it just takes longer to clean engine.

Thanks Vetteman. Will add 3 oz. in the '04 Sienna as soon as I receive my order and will add 3 oz. after treatment of the Trooper.

smile.gif
grin.gif

Frank, Is the dose lower for transmissions because of the lack of combustion byproducts? Is their any negative impact to useing 12 oz in the transmission? I am asking because a friend of mine has a trans that turns new fluid black instantly because of the contaminated old fluid that will not drain out. He is considering useing an entire bottle of Auto-Rx in his trans for 1000 miles and then getting it flushed. I sugested that he just do two treatments instead of one large dose. He is one of those if a little bit is good alot must be better types!!!!

quote:

RE: Engines - After finishing Auto-Rx cleansing, use 3 ounces of Auto-Rx with every oil change (this is maintenance amount). Auto-Rx works with ester fortified oil every day, it just takes longer to clean engine.

What about when starting with a new engine (new car)? 3 oz. should be enough then right? And do I put the 3 oz. after the oil has been changed and leave it there for the full 3k miles or should I put it 1k miles before the next oil change? This is what confuses me most. BTW am getting ready to treat my Trooper with Auto-RX. I'm excited to see results. Thanks.
smile.gif

Kiko,
You can start using the 3 oz. maint. dose as soon as you get the vehicle. No need to do a full clean if the engine is new. Just put in the 3 oz. every oil change and run the full 3-5K miles until oil change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back