I will be adding Auto-Rx Today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already added it to my transmission last night. I will be changeing the filter and adding it to my crank case today. I am considering removeing the valve cover on one bank and takeing a shot of the varnish. I doubt their is going to be any sludge in the valve cover. I will then take one after the second treatment of Auto-Rx. The car is a 1997 Buick Lasaber 108,000 miles 3.8V6. I bought it used so I am unsure of the oil used. I know for a while it had M1 but when my step grandfather died it was treated to quick lube places for the last 2 years. I will be useing walmart brand Tech2000 oil filters of standard size for the treatment. The oil in it right now is 20W50 Penzoil Long Life. I will change and cut the filters open every 500 miles for 1000 miles on the first treatment. I do not know how to post photos but when the time comes I am sure someone here can help me.

Well no pictures today. I encoutered some mechanical problems that needed fixing so the photos could not be taken. I can give a verbal description though. No sludge in in the head but severaly varnished. The varnish is the thickest varnish I have seen on an engine. It was the color of ice tea and was hard in most places and gumy on the valve covers. The oil filter was as black as they get and it had one blob of sludce half the size of a dime on the case. Their was no slude in the pleats. Mind you all of this is pre-auto-rx. I put T2000 10W30 in and a new tech 2000 filter on. I added auto-rx to the trany after installing two gallons of fresh fluid and a filter. The fluid two days later is brown. So it looks like auto-rx is doing it's job!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back