Initial Experience with Auto Rx

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the 1st time I've used this product. Wanted to stop an oil leak coming off the rear of my E150 van's engine from either the rear seal or pan gasket. Can't really tell which is the source. The van had 93K miles on it.

Anyway ran the Rx a little in excess of 600 miles with clean oil, Havoline 5W30. It stayed very clean. Dip stick remained as clear as when the oil was new. When drained, the oil had the consistency of water, which was a surprise to me, and may explain why it consumed a little. Dip stick was down about an 1/8 of an inch. Normally the van doesn't start to use oil until 2 to 2.5K miles after the oil is changed. When I cut open the Fl-1A filter, it was perfectly clean to the naked eye. No sludge + no gunk + no nothing must = a clean engine to begin with I guess.
smile.gif

As an aside, I was impressed with the Motorcraft filter. Solid construction. 1st time I opened one of those. I know many express the opinion that it has a Pure 1 media or a restrictive media at least. Again, to the casual observer, sure looked like a normal filter media to me and certainly not one prone to restriction from tightly packed material. I seriously doubt it has a Pure 1 media. I've cut those open before.

The leak? Well, it has definitely slowed down. Previously there would have been a drop or two on the garage floor overnight. Not a single drop has hit the floor since the Rx was put in about 3 weeks ago. There is still some new seepage on the outside of the pan, but no drops. I'm pleased with that so far. Only time will tell if its a sustained change.

great stuff huh. can i ask why did u change out at 600 miles? i changed mine out at 850. on the second treatment im going to go past 1500 miles.

funnie, i was waiting for so long to hit 800 miles for my first change, and now i hit 1500 miles already in just a week, gosh time does fly. i still need to open all of my auto rx filters.

Well, the directions said to only run it 500 miles. I left it in a little longer thinking that would heal the seals more. Considering how thin it appears to have made the oil, I'm glad I didn't run it any longer.

Roger, please go to www.auto-rx.com and click on application instructions, "How to stop a seal leak". This particular application is quite different than just cleaning your engine and you will have permanent results if you follow the instructions. Auto-Rx does not change, under any circumstances, the viscoscity of your oil so if it thinned out I would change it again in another 500 miles and make sure the filter was clean. It's no wonder you did not see any third party abrasives in the filter.

Roger, I tested Auto-RX a while back and it has no effect on Vis one way or the other.

Now if it cleans the solids out of the oil( being trapped in the filter) and from the crankcase you may have seen the oil in its normal or design vis grade.

I'm sorry, but I simply can not find anything titled, How to Stop a Seal Leak, under application instructions. All I saw were basic procedures for engines with less than 100K miles, more than 100K, and special instructions for Saturn & Toyota engines. Found a couple of testimonials, like Proof of Value #7, but nothing specifically about how to deal with seal leaks. Sorry.

Auto-Rx and Seal leaks.
#1-Use "Dino Oil" install new filter

#2-Add bottle of Auto-Rx run 750 miles and drain oil and change filter.

#3-Drive 1500 miles with just "Dino Oil" and New Filter

#4- Add second bottle of Auto-Rx at 1500 miles to "Dino Oil" (no filter change ) drive 750 miles
and change oil and filter. Application finished.

#5- Keep using "Dino Oil"and drive up to perhaps 3000 miles somewhere inbetween current mileage and 3000 miles seal leak will stop.

#6- When leak is stopped use any oil you want.

#7- Seals refurbish quicker with "Dino Oil"

#8-Seals ripped or torn cant' be stopped from leaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back