Techron, Gunk, Stp, Lucas, Neutra... Demo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just for the fun of it, I went to my shop and took my new video camera and made a short video clip doing a back yard demo on the lube properties of some fuel additives. I used 5 different fuel additives to show the differences between some.

This might take a few for some to download if you're using a slow server.
Fuel additive demo

Bob,
Works fine for me...I'm on a cable modem, so the download time was slow, but not bad. How big was the file?
Thanks for the info. I've used RedLine Si1 for a while. It would have been interesting to see how that compared. In any case, I have a pantload of Neutra now, so I'll work my way through that now as well.
Bogatyr

quote:

Originally posted by acranox:
yeah, I downloaded it, and watched it. It's interesting. The motion was a little jerky.
Pardon my ignorance, but why does a fuel additive need lubrication properties? Is it just for upper cylinder lubrication? I guess I figure it's more important for the oil to do that part of the job, and for a fuel additive to clean the fuel system and injectors/carb.
if it is related to upper cylinder lubrication could someone explain that a little to me, and explain why the right oil can't sufficiently fill this role?

There's several reasons, but let me just put this one on the table..
Here is what a basic injector looks like inside, give or take a valve or two.
 -

Now, mind you two things, what does gas do to oil? Cleans it off? So, when you have a mechanical device such as the injector, there's several concerns, one, water or corrosion/rust.. Two, the piston and valves need some sort of lubrication, and three, the tip needs to stay clean and seals need to stay lubed.

Natural lubrication if fuel is from sulfur but the down side is carbon build up from the burning of sulfur. So, in some additives, they will clean, but what you need to ensure that you keep these parts lubricated and maintain a good Resistance to rust and corrosion so all these parts maintain optimal working condition.

There is horror stories from some of the local ford dealerships where someone puts in a fuel additive,(powerstrokes) and this messes up the injectors, mainly from seal damage. Reason is the lubrication is broke down, seal gets damaged and injectors start to fail. Lubrication is very important to a proper fuel system where motor oil cannot go to as that is not a primary side of the motor. Thats just a glimpse of why a fuel additive should have some type of lubrication qualities among other things.

Good server you got there, Bob! Where's it located?

IE said I got a fast 500 KB/sec to Long Island, New York (cable modem; ISP=optimumonline.net).

65.6 MB in 2 min 12 sec.

Thanks,
Jason

yeah, I downloaded it, and watched it. It's interesting. The motion was a little jerky.
Pardon my ignorance, but why does a fuel additive need lubrication properties? Is it just for upper cylinder lubrication? I guess I figure it's more important for the oil to do that part of the job, and for a fuel additive to clean the fuel system and injectors/carb.
if it is related to upper cylinder lubrication could someone explain that a little to me, and explain why the right oil can't sufficiantly fill this role?

Thanks for the reply's.

For those of you with slower systems, I broke them down into smaller segments..
Here is
131 Neutra

Gum Out

Stp

Lucas

Techron

and here is the End Summary from these little tests

Hopefully I'll figure a way to resize these file to a smaller size. See if this will make it easier to run.

To answer the service question....
Goto my front page, Http://www.bobistheoilguy.com and click on the yellow banner at or near the top.

[ May 09, 2003, 11:48 AM: Message edited by: BOBISTHEOILGUY ]

cheers.gif

Bob, this is a great website. Thank you for the efforts you have made to spread good information to others on the internet.

I downloaded this video at work and 3 other guys watched it and learned something from it.

patriot.gif

Greg

quote:

Originally posted by Mystic:

It would be interesting to see additional fuel system and injector cleaners tested-such as Berryman B-12, BG44K, Redline and Amsoil.

That would be cool!!

It was worth it to download the videos. It may have been simple tests, but very revealing. I am using Neutra now as a fuel system cleaner and it works well. It was fascinating to see the differences in just a few fuel system and injector cleaners. What a difference!

It would be interesting to see additional fuel system and injector cleaners tested-such as Berryman B-12, BG44K, Redline and Amsoil.

One thing I have noticed since I started to use Neutra is that I seem to have better fuel mileage. And the car runs much better.

I am not sure where they are. Those with dial up as myself, really never got to see them. Download was to slow. I will research and see what I can come up with.

smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back