how much auto rx to use in a...

Status
Not open for further replies.
1985 4speed muncie tranny? I am purchasing this car next week. The owners manual says that it take 3.0 quarts of 5w30 motor oil. I know that in the late 80's GM changed the recomended fluid from 5w30 to GM synchromesh. But for the trip home, I am going to fill with new 5w30 and auto-rx. Just need to now how much!

Thanks!

Auto-Rx and Manual Transmissions. Add one ounce of Auto-Rx for every quart of oil. Drain and refill after 1000 miles.There is no need to keep Auto-Rx in manual transmission after cleansing
unless you have extreme gear wear, if so add "one" ounce after cleaning of transmission as maintenance amount.
Hope this is of help.

OK, I bought the car. The car has only 25,000 miles on it and it's a 1985 V-6 ponitac with the 4-speed manual transmission. The car had only been run 2,000 miles in the past 10 years and was kept inside when not in use.

The only leak that the car had was the right axel seal. Since the manual transmission fluid was a little low I added 3oz of auto-rx and topped off with 5w30. I drove the car home 850 miles and drained the fluid and replaced with 5w30 dino.

Do I need to do a second treatment to the manual tranny, after 1000 miles or so, or can I expect the axel seal to stop leaking since I treated it already??

Changing the axel seal on this car is no fun at all!!

Thanks Frank! (yes its another fiero!! #5 for me)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back