Best oil additives

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which oil additives do people at this site consider to have been the best? And which were the worst?

Also, which fuel system and injector cleaners do you consider to have been the best, and which the worst?

i dont use no more oil additives but auto-rx. but auto rx is not really an additive.

for fuel, i use chevron, amsoil PI, or even redline.

Best oil additive--oil!
Best oil--group 4 and 5 synthetics.
Worst oil additive--water and antifreeze! Carbon and metal wear also sucks:D
Best FI cleaner--BG44k
Worst FI cleaner--anything that cost less than $4 a bottle!

Best oil Additive--Schaeffer's #132 E.P. Oil Treatment

Best Fuel Injector Additive--Schaeffer's #131 Neutra, and it's less than $4 a bottle.

Ken

I'm with Ken on both of these:

-----------------------------------------------
Best oil Additive--Schaeffer's #132 E.P. Oil Treatment

Best Fuel Injector Additive--Schaeffer's #131 Neutra, and it's less than $4 a bottle.

**It's also less than $3.00
canada.gif
per bottle if you buy it in bulk (in 1-gallon containers) and then roll your own 12-oz bottles.

-----------------------------------------------

I've been running Neutra 131 in the gas for a while now, but I just added about 5 ozs of 132 to the oil approximately a week ago. That's in a new 2003 Toyota ECHO running with 5-W30 Mobil-1 SS oil and a 3-oz maintenance dose of Auto-Rx. The ECHO has a small 4-cylinder engine, so jitter is apparent, and is passed through to the steering wheel.

The combined effect with the Neutra 131 and the 132 Oil Treatment is a smoother-running engine (better than new). It's mostly noticed when the car is in drive, stopped, with the engine idling. The 131 reduced this jitter by about half and the 132 seems to have nearly removed the rest of it; for much of the last week the steering wheel has been almost completely quiet during in-gear idle.

I was a bit surprised that the 132 made as much difference as it did for a couple of reasons:

1. I figured that the Mobil-1 SS, being a top-rated synthetic, would already have kept friction from the oil down to a minimum, negating the need for the 132.

2. The Neutra 131 gas additive had previously made quite a difference, so I didn't really think there was much room for further improvement.

i used restore before. works but later it just lags. why would u use restore after the auto rx treatment, why dont u just use matinence doses of auto rx instead of going out and buying a 5 dollar can of restore?

hehe i used auto rx to remove all the crap that restore had in it. i used it many times. not any more, not worth it.

my opinion =).

Where can you find this Schaefer 131 and 132 stuff? I have a Geo Metro with about 110,000 miles on it and it idles a bit rough. Perhaps some of the Schaeffer products will help and smooth out the rough spots
wink.gif

I use Mobil One in it and keep it tuned pretty well. Got the timing advanced to maximum since it seems to run better that way.

Hi Tom,

It seems that most people in the U.S. go via:

Tim Mills

Texarkana, Ar.
Tel: 870-772-7061
800-7371747

You can find his add in the upper-left corner of the "Car And Truck Gas Engine Oil" forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back