auto-rx in original mini-cooper

Status
Not open for further replies.
the original mini/mini cooper (pre 2000) shared engine oil with its gearbox. would there be any constraints from using auto-rx in such an application?

If this oil is filtered with a Full Flow filter, it should clean as normal. No affect on the operation of the gear box, except to clean it with the motor. I forgot to add that Auto-Rx is an excellent cleaner for gears. It is used in industrial applications in the gear boxes, printing presses is one that I know of. It is the same exact product that goes in your auto engine.

[ May 02, 2003, 05:01 PM: Message edited by: 59 Vetteman ]

One of my friend had a supercharged Mini. I spent half of my life in Europe. I did my Automotive Aprenticeship in Germany. We were always working on that car trying to improve performance and handeling. We were also breaking it alot raceing it. Once he forgot to adjust the lift properly. The car started to fall of the lift. I just grabbed the rear bumper bar and lifted the car up while he adjusted the lift width properly. That car was great.The origanal Mini's had wounderful personality and handled great!!! That was a fun car to drive. I raced cars that had more power and handled better but none of them were as fun to drive!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back