Auto-Rx and Chevron Supreme 10W-30

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess we should just call this the Auto-Rx forum
grin.gif

I'm really contemplating a new flush routine for customers switching to Amsoil. I have pretty much thought that Chevron Supreme is a very good dino oil at a low price. I have seen some decent UOA's and think, for the price, the oil holds up OK. The "iso-syn" is hype, but again at $1/qt, so what?

I will use my 1985 245Ti as the g. pig. I have the Chevron oil, four new Fl-1A's (I have standard dual remote), and the Auto-Rx has been ordered. The car spent the first 150K on Castrol dino (ate 2 turbos), and now has been on Amsoil for 86K miles. Runs fine still - the engine still seems a little dirty so we'll see!

SO -How does Auto-Rx work with Chevron Supreme 10W-30 Iso-Syn oil?

Thanks.

I dunno, but I'll predict anyway: I predict this will work just fine! It's *exactly* what I plan to do to my mother's car in a week or two, except that I'll return the car to BobZoil when done.

Stuart, you mention how you use Schaeffer's Oil. I am thinking about using it. Right now I am using Chevron oil which people at this site seem to think is a really good conventional oil. I really like chevron's motor oil-it runs great in my car. I put 3 oz. of Auto-RX in it. But I am thinking about using Schaeffer's. How is it?

Gosh, Pablo, I sure HOPE that Chevron Surpreme & Auto-Rx are a good mix!

That's what's in the F250's 460 as we speak, that's what I'm using in the SVX and plan to use in the Town Car when it "gets the treatment"!

Will it be
crushedcar.gif
&
banghead.gif
followed by
gr_eek2.gif
, or will it be
fruit.gif

& all
worshippy.gif
to Frank?

Auto-Rx and Chevron are just fine as Terry Dyson can tell you. Schaeffer's Oil is an excellent produt to run with maintenance dose of Auto-Rx
So is Amsoil. Auto-Rx will give maximum performance out any oil it used with as a maintenace dose. Chevron is good oil and also reasonable to do cleansing with.

[ May 02, 2003, 12:33 PM: Message edited by: Frank ]

Mystic, it certainly is an excellent oil. I run the # 703 in the cars, that's the 10w30 BobZoil Supreme 7000 blend. I'm able to drive to Texarkana & buy directly from Tim Mills, cost is ~$3/qt plus tax. Check my analysis results on the UOA board for 6K & 9.3 K intervals. Both had maint doses of Auto-Rx, details in posts. Search UOA, go back several months, search under my name. I don't buy it because of any hype, I buy it because it produces great results & the price is *Very* reasonable.

I'm now about 7,100 miles into a planned 11.3 K interval, maybe 12 K. Using Lube Control this time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back