Auto-Rx and it's affect on seals

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you leave Auto-Rx in too long, are you risking seal damage? I saw someone post that Auto-Rx stops oil leaks by making seals "flabby". Frankly, that scares me.

Does Auto-Rx actually affect the Chemestry of Viton, etc, or does it just clean contaminants off of the seal? If it actually softens the seals, should I be worried about leaving 12 oz in my crankcase too long? Will irrepairable seal damage occur?

Thanks.

Go to www.auto-rx.com and there you can read how Auto-Rx cleans seals (both buna & silicone)in
industry we refurbish seal material in 55 gallon
gear boxes without down time or seal replacement
and we do the same thing in car engines. Auto-Rx
does not "Swell" seals. We make them pliable as
they were when first installed and can clean behind them. Auto-Rx uses the petrol chemistry of new "Dino Oil" to harden seals back up for proper fit against metal. Auto-Rx can not harm seals. However the idea is to stop seal leak and application instructions make procedure clear.You can leave Auto-Rx in indefintely without fear of any type damage. Hope this answer your question.

[ May 01, 2003, 10:17 AM: Message edited by: Frank ]

quote:

Auto-Rx does not "Swell" seals. We make them pliable as they were when first installed and can clean behind them.

That is re-assuring. I'll be starting my treatment next week. I have a few trips coming up, so I will likely see 800-1000 miles before I can drain the Auto-Rx.

I had a slight seal leak, so I tried Valvoline MaxLife oil, which is supposed to have special seal conditioners. I actually liked the oil-it seemed to run good in my car. But MaxLife did nothing about the seal leak. I then tried Auto-RX, and after a couple of treatments it stopped the leak! I have no evidence or anything, but I think those high mileage oils are over-rated, at least when it comes to solving oil leaks from seals. I think a person is better off using a good conventional oil, like Castrol GTX, Pennzoil, or Chevron, and using Auto-RX. After the cleaning, 3 oz. of Auto-RX can be used in the oil to keep the engine clean. Auto-RX is the ONLY oil additive that I am 100% certain works. I am pretty much turned off from oil additives anyway, but not Auto-
RX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back