Schaeffer's additives

Status
Not open for further replies.
I received my Schaeffer's Moly E. P. Oil Treatment and Neutra today. I figure I will use the Neutra only in the fuel since I am using 3 oz. of Auto-RX in the oil. You can't mix the Neutra and Auto-RX, right? I really like the Chevron oil I am currently using-it seems to run great in a Saturn. But if I am impressed with the Schaeffer additives I am thinking about switching to Schaeffer's oil. I sure wish I had discovered this web site a long time ago. I swear that I can hear and feel the difference in the Chevron oil compared to the Valvoline I used to use. Chevron seems to be one of the most, if not the most, highly regarded conventional oil at this web site. I really liked that Baldwin air filter, but since they have become hard to find, the NAPA Gold (Wix) seems to be performing well. I am still trying to decide what oil filter to use on this car-I think I will try a K&N next time. I am hoping that the Neutra will prove to be a really great fuel system cleaner, injector cleaner, and upper cylinder lubricant.

What is wrong with using Auto-RX and Neutra. It's called preventative matinence. There is nothing wrong with keeping your lubing and fuel system clean.

I think he means he doesn't want to mix both Neutra and Auto-rx in the oil at the same time.

It's totally safe to put Neutra in the fuel and Auto-rx in the oil at the same time though. I do this practice myself.

quote:

I am hoping that the Neutra will prove to be a really great fuel system cleaner, injector cleaner, and upper cylinder lubricant.

Neutra is a good fuel system and combustion cleaner, but I wouldn't rely on it as being an upper cylinder lubricant.

Like you, I wouldn't mix the Neutra and the Auto-RX since they are two different types of esters.

Neutra does have a lubricant base that is designed to be a lead replacement for reduced exhaust valve seat wear (recession) for both non-hardened and hardened exhaust valve seat and seat inserts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back