another auto-rx question

Status
Not open for further replies.
i've seen quite a few posts regarding auto-rx and also checked out the auto-rx website. what i'm not clear about is if the first application of auto-rx has to be used with new oil. i had my oil changed (valvoline maxlife)about 1000 miles ago and want to know if it's fine to just replace the filter and pour in the auto-rx.

also, i read in a post that during the first application a conventional dino oil should be used to expedite the fixing of leaky seals. i don't know if my seals are leaky as i don't really lose a lot of oil, but i do get a bit of bluish, gray smoke after taking off at a stoplight. should i just replace the oil with the regular valvoline all-climate (or any other regular petroleum oil)when i do the auto-rx application? any advice on this is greatly appreciated.

Well, here's another question for Frank when he checks in...

With only 1000 miles on the fresh oil & filter in a vehicle would it be advisable to just put in the Auto-rx and then change only the filter out in say, 250-500 miles, then run for a similar period (or longer) before changing both oil & filter?

Seems there would be twice as much filter media available to grab the initial treatment.

Just a question...
dunno.gif

Another question:

Let's say you do your first treatment with the intention of draining after 500 miles. What if you get busy and leave the Auto-Rx in there for 1000, or even 1500 miles. Would this cause any harm?

Akuma, You don't need to put clean oil in engine for first application of Auto-Rx. Add Auto-Rx to existing oil, just make sure filter is never filled, always have clean filter.

Norm, as long as filter is clean, no problem.

Nova Dude, Auto-Rx can stay in engine indefintely, again as long as filter is not filled up.

Please visit www.auto-rx.com and click on redesigned "Application Instructions". Hope this is easier for all.

Based on a post I saw that Auto-Rx is new product, "not correct". Chemistry that's in Auto-Rx has been in machinery applications for 4 years cleaning gear boxes, compressors and stopping seal leaks. Machinist's kept taking product from plant and putting it into there cars, in-board engines, motorcycles (4 cylinder boat & bikes). From there we just evolved into selling chemistry to the automotive industry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back