BG 44k Fuel System cleaner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. I'm a believer in this stuff . I wish I had some way to prove what I feel. I ordered 3 cans of the net when I found them on sale. I ran two cans through a used BMW I bought that I'm pretty sure didn't see and fuel system cleaner in it's life before me. I had a stumble/shudder on acceleration that is completely gone now after two cans
burnout.gif
. Well worth it IMO.

Berryman B-12 Chemtool had the same effect in my Saturn SL2. Apparently the injectors were plugged up somewhat. I had been using Chevron fuel injector cleaner which did not seem to have any effect. The Berryman B-12 was only about 3 bucks in cost. I am going to start using Neutra however from Schaeffer's Oil. It still is not bad in price and can be used in the oil and the gas. BG-44K is expensive.

My understanding is

BG 44K ~ Chevron's Techron Concentrate

~ meaning they are almost the same thing. If you cannont afford the dealer's proce of BG 44K running adding a bottle of 12oz Techron to a 1/4 tank and repeating this sequence 2wice should yield likeable results in even the most dirty applications.

Perhaps BG 44K is more concentrated than Techron?

And by the way, the BG MOA oil additive works great with Mobil 1. Correct me if i am wrong but it seems to add the make up Zinc mobil 1 engineers choose not to add in the original formulation.

BG is a respectable brand. Many Toyota dealers use it. Chevy uses there products as well.

quote:

Originally posted by outrun:
My understanding is

BG 44K ~ Chevron's Techron Concentrate

~ meaning they are almost the same thing. If you cannont afford the dealer's proce of BG 44K running adding a bottle of 12oz Techron to a 1/4 tank and repeating this sequence 2wice should yield likeable results in even the most dirty applications.

Perhaps BG 44K is more concentrated than Techron?

And by the way, the BG MOA oil additive works great with Mobil 1. Correct me if i am wrong but it seems to add the make up Zinc mobil 1 engineers choose not to add in the original formulation.

Outrun, I just put in a can of the MOA/111 in my sister's civic with the Honda 5W20 at last oil change. I will run for 4000 miles and analyze. -Joe

Yes, the BG44K is the best fuel cleaner I know of. The second best is the OTC Techron from Chevron. BG44K is 100% Techron, the stuff OTC is only 30-40%.

This is why 44K = ~$15.

bg's 44k is a great cleaner but so aren't schaffers's neutra #131 and synergyn's preventalube not only they clean but add a nice amt. of lubricating oil for the upper cylinders and they also neutralize acids..i use 3 oz. per 5 gal of gas evry time i fill up..44k is very harsh on an engine..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back