dino vs synthetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Post your prefrence and why. Dont forget to keep score at the bottom.

My preference is synthetic, and because I just like that added security.

Synthetic =1 : Dino=0

It depends on the application. They way I use my bike, I don't see a point running synthetic in it. I do run synthetic in my cars though as only synthetic meets the required mfg specs.

Dino.

I only use one change of synthetic, and that's in the late fall/winter time between October and April. This is when it's not pleasurable to change the oil (cold weather, ice, and snow), so I just throw some QSUD in there for 6-7 months, put in a long(er) distance P1 filter, and call it good.

Otherwise I change much more often during the spring and summer months, using dino oil because I like the smooth feel of fresh oil in the vehicle. My favorite oil is now Valvoline, hands down. Nothing runs better. I change at 3k. It'd be a waste for me to change synthetics at 3k!

Vote 1 for dino here.

Conventional. I do not see any benefit to use a synthetic for a 7K OCI. If pushed my OCI's longer than 10K maybe?

So what is it dino 5 syn 2.

E430: Syn only, it is requied and OCI is 10-13k miles.
LS400, S2000 and Tracer: whichever I have in my stash, some OCI's with dino and other time with syn, but I double the OCI's with syn.

Mason, I was thinking that when I crafted my reply, that some engines call for synthetic, others (rotaries) call for conventional. Having both is rather unique.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Garak
Mason, I was thinking that when I crafted my reply, that some engines call for synthetic, others (rotaries) call for conventional. Having both is rather unique.
wink.gif

+1.Right on!

My vote is for Synthetic blend. Love Kendall on the Mazda. Once we are done using the free oil changes at the dealership for the Nissan, that too will be getting some Kendall Synthetic blend.

I usually use syn, since it is usually available with a killer MIR.
I've lately bought a bunch of Maxlife Nextgen, since it's been available with killer MIRs, though.
My understanding is that that synthetic may offer better deposit control in certain applications, as well as the ability to do longer drain intervals.
I guess I'll vote both ways, since what I use depends upon application and availability at a killer deal.

I've become a synthetic user over the last few years (Mobil 1 & SOPUS products mostly) but currently have Super Mobil High Mileage (bottle claims its a synthetic blend)in the Honda since WM was down to 3 qts. of my preferred Mobil 1 HM. I swear my mileage has increased a little since adding the Super...and it was half the price of the synthetic high mileage oil...may just stick with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back