2nd Round of Auto-Rx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Engine:3VZ-E (Not a sludger), 120K
After a treatment last fall/early winter and found I was still burning oil (1 qrt/1K @ highway speeds) due to an almost fully clogged PCV valve (replaced), I started a 2nd round of ARX yesterday. Last years treatment removed a lot of garbage from the engine, this time I hope to clean the ring packs of all the oil that was forced by and anything else that the bad PCV valve might have caused to accumulate.
I am using M1 10w30 that has about 2K on it for the first treatment and as per Frank's recommendation, just changed the filter before adding the ARX. I'll be checking the oil over the next 1K to see how dirty the oil gets and then changing it. With M1 10w30 again, I'll go 2250 miles and the add 2nd bottle if needed.

Hopefully when this is all done I can do an analysis (1st) that won't be skewed by all the garbage in the engine.

Sheesh...and I thought the truck was running well last mid-year.
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

And thanks Frank, for throwing in that extra bottle. You didn't have to.
cheers.gif

[ April 10, 2003, 06:28 PM: Message edited by: Toy4x4 ]

Just changed the oil today and it was very dirty. It looks like there was still quite a bit of cleaning to do. I'll go the 2250 (or maybe a bit longer) and then add 2nd bottle of ARX and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back