RX clean out teflon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so when I was young, dumb and single I used Slick 50 in my car, now I wonder if Auto-RX will clean out all that crap that was put in with the Slick 50. I wish I knew then what I know now. Live and learn but back then the internet wasn't available to the general public yet.

patriot.gif

I agree with Norm.

Most of the stuff has either sloughed-off or sheared off and ended up in your oil filter and used oil.

I would be willing to bet that 95% of any Teflon that you put in your engine was gone (for good!) with the 1st oil and filter change
lol.gif

And that any that was left departed soon afterwards
gr_eek2.gif
That claim about it plating to the parts is a bunch of hooey, IMHO. Clogging is more likely, but that was, in your case, long ago, eh?

Auto-RX will probably help remove any accumulated junk you actually have in there to your satisfaction.

Good Luck!
cheers.gif

The Auto-Rx will liquify the sludge and carbon build-up in an engine and move it to your full flow filter.

Teflon additives in an engine tend to crust up in very small to larger crusty build ups. This is caused by the heat of the engine. I think Auto-Rx will move the smaller particles, but the 1/4" and larger crusty build up is to heavy and generally sits in the bottom of the oil pan and can only be removed by oil draining or removing the pan and cleaning.

I know this is not a scientific explanation, but having seen vehicles after using Slick-50 this is the only way I can explain it.

Rat 407 I to remember when I was young,dumb and single. Now I'm old ,stupid and married. What can you do? If the motor runs don't worry about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back