Auto-RX in 100K SVX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Initial treatment @ approx. 800 miles with dino is finished: I'm not so sure a 2nd application will be necessary.
wink.gif

As I had anticipated, my engine was pretty clean to begin with
cool.gif
and those 3K oil & filter changes since new didn't hurt. After pulling the filter and draining the oil I have the following observations:

1) The oil itself was at least twice as dirty as I have ever seen it come out this vehicle, this with approximately 1500 miles vs. the normal 3K - this would lead me to believe it is actually 4 times as dirty.
shocked.gif

2) My wife was getting over 23 mpg during the treatment and this probably represents a 7% improvement which is not too bad, huh?

3) The filter was showing more dirt/third-party crud than I have seen before, not "loaded up" by any means, but with "crystal groups" very visable in the folds, and when these are wiped between the thumb and finger the crystals disappear and the grime remains. This stuff works as advertized. I AM A BELIEVER!
worshippy.gif
to FRANK!

4) I'll be very interested in what the oil (Chevron Supreme S
cheers.gif
L 10W-30)& contents of the new filter look like in 1,800 miles when I'll go back to my 3K intervals with a 3 oz. maintenance dose. As I don't really think there is much junk left in there, I'll probably wait until it hits the 150K mark before another full treatment.
fruit.gif

Info on two Mercedes (my '91 420SEL and my neighbor's '89) to follow in 500 more miles or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back