Anybody ever try Tufoil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years ago I tried a product called Tufoil in a Toyota Corolla station wagon that I had bought used. The car would make some chatter at start-up but then would run really good, and did not smoke or burn oil. Afer I tried Tufoil in it, the chatter seemed to stop at start-up. I used Tufoil for several years, but I became nervous because I heard that PTFE should not be used in engines. Many companies that make oil supplements have been fined by the federal government, but as far as I can determine the company that makes Tufoil has never been fined. Tufoil has been around for something like thirty years now. Has anybody ever tested Tufoil?

Does anybody REALLY know what time it is?

Does anyone really care?

I hope some more experienced poster knows the correct answer to, what I *** -u-me is a legitimate question, a few of which I have yet to see an answer to...

But, enough about me!
freak2.gif

Norm Olt, what are you trying to say? Is there something wrong with the post I have put up? This is supposed to be a web site where people can discuss motor oils, oil filters, additives, etc. I don't see anything wrong with what I have written.

Absolutely nothing wrong with your legitimate post. I was just being an ***hole.

My reference was to previous 1st postings being ignored.

Is that a good enough apology?
cheers.gif

Mystic

The snake oil companies get fined if they lie about what their stuff is supposed to do. The FTC does not regulate whether the stuff is good or bad for an engine, only if they lie about it.

Ken

I used it this winter in a 2.5l AMC Jeep to no discernable consequence. The motor is a torque monster so it is hard to tell what helps it and what doesn't. Locally, there is a radio "car doctor" who gives auto advice and he names Tuffoil as one of the additives he uses. (Tuffoil is not a sponsor) It's up to you, I'm not for it or against it.
dunno.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back