My Auto-RX Success + Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like you, I am very impressed with Auto-RX. I am also impressed with this site. I think this is perhaps the only site on the internet where a person can obtain good information about motor oils, additives, oil filters, etc. I have never used a BG supplement for transmissions, but I have used BG fuel system cleaners. As far as I can tell, they work. However, several people at this site seem to be impressed with Neutra for cleaning fuel systems and also Amsoil fuel system cleaner. I am thinking about ordering Neutra, which can also be put into the oil. I have heard that Lubegard automatic transmission supplement is supposed to be really good, approved by some new car makers, and I have noticed it available at some automatic transmission shops.

First sorry for the long post...but want to give credit where it's due...

Thought I'd share my success with Auto-Rx as I was introduced to it through this great site. I recently did my first treatment of Auto-Rx in my engine (1997 Honda Accord, 110K miles). Never really had any troubles with the engine (in fact, I was always kind of proud how well it ran due to diligent maintenance) so wasn't sure if I'd experience any noticeable benefit. Well, about 200 miles after the initial treatment, I can say that I've noticed a significant increase in overall smoothness. The engine is simply quieter and my drive much smoother (especially noticeable at start-up) than its been for a long while. I feel like I have a little more power as well but haven't really measured it to be sure.

Frank is also great. Not only did he weather a barage of my emails prior to my first application of Auto-Rx, but recently, called me at home to caution me about a service I was going to perform (BG Transmission service, including BG Transmission fluid conditioner). Does he care about his customers or what? I was impressed. He indicated to me that the chemistry of the conditioner could harm my transmission.

So therein lies my question. I've used BG 44k in my fuel system with excellent results. I know that BG has a great reputation. Does anyone have any comments on the BG ATF conditioner? I'm following Franks advice but have already had the BG service done on my girlfriend's camry (before I even knew about auto-rx (and there is no auto-rx currently in it)). Should I be worried? Is it the conditioner itself or the interaction with Auto-Rx? Thanks in advance. Also, I want to note as a disclaimer that Frank did not say to not do the BG transmission service--just not to add the BG ATF conditioner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back