FYI: RMI-25 results(coolant additive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last October, I changed the coolant & thermostat in my car(97 Neon 4 cyl), went back with green EG Prestone, distilled water, & a dose of RMI-25. I was under the car today(almost 6 months later), & noticed a layer of sediment in the bottom of my plastic overflow tank.
shocked.gif
*Very* light brown, looks ~1/2 inch deep. Probably rust, scale, & other assorted cooling system cooties! Car has iron block, aluminum head, & these days, who-knows-what radiator.
wink.gif

Better there than in the block & radiator, I guess! The car had been in service for about 5 yrs, 3 months as of last Oct, but in that time it had had the coolant changed 3 times before I did it myself. I'll probably remove the tank soon & flush it out, try to trap the sediment & see what's there. I suspect the Bobzoil Clean & Cool would work just as well. Anyhoo, the RMI sure seems to work as advertised. After I flush the tank, I may flush the system with clean water a few times, & go back with all fresh a-freeze again(only need 1 gallon), along with a fresh dose of RMI. Heck, I may run straight water with RMI in it for a week or so.
grin.gif

Been wondering about that product... Where did you purchase it? Off the Web? I've been trying to get more info about it including "local" availability without success. Searches on aol are not very effective.
banghead.gif

I bought it online, but don't remember the company.
dunno.gif
I went to Yahoo, typed in "rmi-25 radiator", & got lots of hits, bought it from one of them. I can never find anything w/MSN searches, I can always find stuff on Yahoo!
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back