Just cut open filter (auto rx)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have about 500 miles into my first treatment, thought I'd change filters and cut open the old one. It didn't have any sludge in it, but there was quite a bit of black crud and the infamous wax granuals that auto rx has. For 500 miles, it was **** dirty. The filter was a napa gold, and it is built very nicely with the bypass valve built right into the inlet of the filter instead of the top. It however, didn't retain oil as all other filters I've tried didn't either.

A word of caution to people who havn't cut a filter open before as this was my first: they're spring loaded, and in a big way. When your making that last final cut, the base plate will probably pop off the can itself. Be prepared, I wasn't!! And use a vise if possible so you don't hurt yourself when it pops.
cheers.gif

Black and thicker oil after 500 miles of cleansing (Dino Oil) with Auto-Rx is to be expected. If cleaning with Synthetic Oil,look for it after 750 miles. Don't think you have any "Sludge Problem"; carbon, dirt, yes. Might consider saving sample of what you got from your filter and send to Terry Dyson for analysis (and please post it). You might like to go to www.auto-rx.com and click on "Proof of Value" and click on "Read this interesting e-mail". "Sludge" looks like oily grease, there is no mistaking it for anything else. Its why Dyson ran tests on maintenance amount of Auto-Rx to see if you could continue after cleaning to keep engine clean (it does). Please read some of the testimonials on "Proof of Value" they are very informative - not a waste of your time. As simple as this is, if you remember to wipe down your oil dip stick prior to adding Auto-Rx and take a good look at it and do the same after cleaning is finished. You will have a good idea of how Auto-Rx has cleaned your engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back