Just started Auto-Rx in a Nothstar

Status
Not open for further replies.
At last the cold weather has broken here in Connecticut and I was able to work on the car yesterday (although the forecast is for snow today!).

Drained out the old Mobil 1, changed the filter to a K&N Gold, filled with Delvac 1300S (dino) and added 12 fl. oz. of Auto-Rx. This engine drinks oil at 1Qt./1000 miles so it should be a good test for the Auto-Rx. Apparently the Northstar rings run hot and can get coked up.

Anyway, the engine has no oil leaks and otherwise runs great. I do a full acceleration blast every time I drive the car, to make sure any carbon buildup is minimized.

Looking into the engine at the oil filler cap position, it looks a little dirty inside. Even with Mobil 1 there has been some minor sludge buildup.

I will report back in a thousand miles or so. Any reduction in oil consumption will be terrific.

Keith.

I'm getting ready to change the oil out in my father-in-law's NorthStar. I added the Rx about 500 miles ago. I want to leave it in longer but he is going on a trip to Florida, 800 miles one way in two weeks and he wants his oil changed now. So I will and we will see on his trip if the oil consumption has changed any. The car has 50k on it now and has ran Penzoil in it from new with oil changes every time the oil life was down to 20%. I wanted to go on a mileage/time limit but it is his car and so I do as he wishes. We shall see. I got another bottle of Rx to use so I can put that in for another treatment if needed.

patriot.gif

i finished my first session of auto rx. my car feels quite responsive...i dont have to downshift to 2nd gear to get power..i can leave it at third. its amazing. it sounds alot differnt and is alot quieter. though i think i have a fuel delievery problem now but thats causei havent chagned my fuel filter in decades. hehehe but auto rx did clean my car up, not to mention my emmisions. ill go about 1500 miles and then add more auto rx then change. in the other car at 100 miles im going to change the fluid cause its soo dirty and do another treatment.

love this stuff...good luck on ur treatment~!

if u suspect alot of crud..change the filter half way if u like.

One of the inventing chemists of Auto-Rx has a northstar V8 that inspired the formula being able to clean high temp deposits that "glaze" the oil control ring.

I have seen my own oil analysis customers who run M1 and other syns stop or significantly decrease the oil consumption by treating with RX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back