Finished Auto-RX treatment(cut open filter)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wtd

I finished my Auto-RX treatment on my 98 Chevy ext-cab Z71 with the 5.7L yesterday. I Used 10W-30 Mobil drive clean and an AC-Delco PF52 filter during the treatment and drove 800 miles.

I cut open the filter today and did not find any dirt or sludge, just a few small clumps of the Auto-RX as it appears before it is room temperature between a couple of the cleats of the filter. It was a light brown color and had the little granules in it that Frank talked about in the past. You could see alot of the granules left in the filter body which also didn't have any dirt or sludge in it.

I don't know if my engine was just really clean for using Mobil 1 for the last 35,000 miles on a 3,000 mile oil change schedule or if I didn't run the treatment long enough. The engine only has 49,300 miles on it so that may have something to do with it also.

At least now I'm pretty confident that the inside of my engine is clean. I installed 10W-30 Mobil 1 and an AC-Delco UPF52 filter and added a maintenence dose of 3 oz of Auto-RX. I haven't decided if I'm going to run this oil change 3,000 or 5,000 miles and see how well things are holding up. This will be my first analysis running the 10W-30 Mobil 1.

Any thoughts or comments?

Wayne

It's probably from the M1 being changed at 3k mile intervals. Honestly though, I'm not so confident in Rx as I once was. I'm now on a second dose and will inspect the filter tommorrow. I had toyota change the first dose of Rx bc of cold temps. so I didn't get to see what was in the filter. The question I have, is how can Rx be so revolutionary and work so well, that all other large companies, use different chemicals to clean? You would think this stuff would have been used by now or found in other products. No offense to Frank for creating a good product, but it just suprises me.

Patman, it might be time for another poll on who has had success with Rx.
smile.gif

[ March 29, 2003, 06:28 PM: Message edited by: buster ]

I finished my first treatment of Auto-RX in my Saturn SL2 a little while back and I will do a second treatment sometime in the next few weeks. I really believe in Auto-RX now after removing the Hastings oil filter that I had used for the first treatment. I should mention that I change my oil every 3000 miles or less and I have even used Mobil 1, Amsoil, and Valvoline Synthetic from time to time. Apparently the Saturn SL2 with the double overhead cam engine has some problems with sludge build-up, according to what I found out at Frank's site. Some Toyota's (cars and vans) apparently have problems also. I did not cut my filter open but I am glad that I changed it at 500 miles instead of 750 as recommended. The oil filter was definitely getting plugged up. There was without question sludge in the engine inspite of frequent oil changes. I have no doubt that Auto-RX works. I hope the second treatment cleans up the engine. Then I will use 3 ounces every oil change to keep the engine clean. I am thinking about doing a third treatment and going only 500 miles per treatment.

I did an Auto-Rx treatment on my 95 truck and I did not see any visible evidence in the filter of any build-up. But I did have a before analysis with synthetic oil, then an after analysis using dino oil. The numbers were as good or better in most cases on the after analysis and this was using dino.

I did a treatment on my 01 truck with 1500 miles on the truck. Then I ran a semi-syn, Schaeffer's 15W40, and the analysis showed absolutely no wear. The analysis are in the diesel oil forum.

Now I use a maintenance dose at each change.

i just finished my auto rx. i havent cut open the fitler yet but i see that many things are clean. the dipstick is shinny, even the oil filter screw thign is clean now. ill open the fitler monday

I'll check it out. Frank, I believe it's a great product. Everyone on here, from what I can tell, fully stands by it. The fact that Amsoil buys it from you is enough proof. I think I'm just dissapoined because I have to run a second treatment. These **** Toyo engines! Maintenace dose should eleviate the problem and allow me to extend my oil drains. I am glad I never did go over 8k mile drains. I've used M1 and Amsoil most of the cars life and still had a dirty engine. I think we need to thank Terry for his information regarding oils and there cleaning ability or lack there of.
smile.gif

Just changed it and didn't find anything that looked like sludge. I'm going to open the filter up and take a look inside. The oil was realitively black and thicker at only 3,400 miles. I ran Rx for 900 miles and now adding 3oz as MD. Keep you posted.
patriot.gif

[ March 30, 2003, 02:21 PM: Message edited by: buster ]

Black and thicker oil after 500 miles of cleansing (Dino Oil) with Auto-Rx is to be expected. If cleaning with Synthetic Oil,look for it after 750 miles. Don't think you have any "Sludge Problem"; carbon, dirt, yes. Might consider saving sample of what you got from your filter and send to Terry Dyson for analysis (and please post it). You might like to go to www.auto-rx.com and click on "Proof of Value" and click on "Read this interesting e-mail". "Sludge" looks like oily grease, there is no mistaking it for anything else. Its why Dyson ran tests on maintenance amount of Auto-Rx to see if you could continue after cleaning to keep engine clean (it does). Please read some of the testimonials on "Proof of Value" they are very informative - not a waste of your time. As simple as this is, if you remember to wipe down your oil dip stick prior to adding Auto-Rx and take a good look at it and do the same after cleaning is finished. You will have a good idea of how Auto-Rx has cleaned your engine.

The oil looks as clean as ever on the dipstick after 2nd treatment.

Buster, thanks for the post. First, diesels need 1000 miles of driving, so if your a little light remember to let 3 ounces work a little longer to even up cleaning miles. Buster, take a rag and open your oil filler and wipe up what you see, it will come off very easily. Auto-Rx has not had time enough to flush this third party debris by using oil yet. Terry Dyson-Lubrizoil Corp. and the big three oil company's all know how well Auto-Rx works, however, we have the patent, the trademark, the copywrited text and they want and we want to do business with them. However, they want to fractionalize amount of Auto-Rx to be put into their additive packages and it won't work that way. Auto-Rx works on a ratio of 2 ounces of Auto-Rx to each quart of engine oil and it activates under the heat & pressure of your engine "SAFELY" over prescribed miles depending on your problem. Buster, those other company's, you mention in your post, want to get rid of certain chemicals in there additive packages and thats why they like Auto-Rx. The wax cystals our part of the formulation and they dissolve instantly in your oil and what's not nedded at a certain time go to the filter and are a reserve and available on difficult engines. Last thing
cleaning your metal first with Auto-Rx will make any oil perform better. We guarantee Auto-Rx to perform all we ask is "FOLLOW: the application instuctions.

Hi Frank,
I'm about to inspect it today. I'm not doubting you have a great product, and give you a ton of credit for it. I have noticed decreased oil consumption, with certain oils and more power. I just racked up 900 miles in a weeks time using Rx. I'm about to change it and add the maintenace dose to M1 0w-40. My next analysis @ 10K miles should have some interesting results.

Please dial up www.auto-rx.com and click on
"Independent Field Test Results" and click on
pdf file ( give it a few minutes to load )also go to "Proof of Value " on web site and click on "Rear Main Seal Leak " (top link on page )
photos and text both files, re: Auto-Rx and how it works.

Guys and Gals using Auto-Rx.

Cutting open the filter is not the best indicator of the functionality of the RX product in a non sludged engine, IMHO.

A better indicator is reduced oil consumption, lower emissions test levels, oil analysis tests that show INCREASED oxidation ( cleaning ) during use, reduced Nitration during and after use ( better combustion efficiency), and finally reduced wear values.

Buster the reason the large oil companies don't want Auto-RX is that it is expensive to produce and the incentive to use effective and expensive high quality additives in not consistant with the competitive PCMO market.

Another reason is that Auto-RX can be used effectively with lower cost oils to boost their performance but is not required every oil change thus reducing the repeat sales issues.The larger oil companies want cheap lubes that resell over and over quickly.
I suspect many companies are checking out RX and I believe it will be sold in the future once it has become more accepted in the industry as a viable alternative to gummed up engines.

Understand it was only patented last year.

This is a very unique aspect of this board, you learn about products and technology here before it is accepted by the industry in general and way ahead of the public !

Man, the whole idea of finding "clumps of AutoRx" in the filter really bothers me. If "clumps" are in the filter, what kind of deposits is AutoRX leaving in the engine?

Please don't misunderstand me... I'm not bashing AutoRx. If it does what it claims, it sounds like a great product. I just need some more information to convince myself that this is not just another STP/CD2/Rislone type product.

Does anyone know the US patent number?

Thanks, Frank.

I am real close to trying your product, but I do not want to throw money away on something that will have little benefit, or potentially harm my engine.

I am an engineer, so I tend to analyze everything to death.
wink.gif
Please don't misi-nterpret my skepticism as antagonistic. That is not my intent.

I appreciate the opportunity to discuss Auto-Rx with you. If I seem a little uptight in my replies, I apologize but for several weeks my partners and myself have been answering posts on almost every thread on this message board by one individual. Unfortunatly he was not asking relevant questions as you had and as we came to see, he meant to confuse visitors to this board about Auto-Rx. Hope you will try our product; it's safe, it's non-hazardous and if it does not perform to your satisfaction your money will be refunded.

novadude
we import by the case into Australia and landed owes us about A$600. My partner has it in many forklifts (he owns a forklift service company) and many trucks etc. I have used 4 bottles in my vehicles. We don't spend that much money on products that don't work I can assure you.

There isn't really clumps, just wax granuals that are part of the products composition. I recently cut open a auto rxed filter, and there was only a few of them imbedded in the media. I think to get the stuff to work really good, you have to keep your engine at operating temp for the majority of the schedualed miles so the wax granuals melt.

Nova Dude, there are no such thing as "Clumps" in Auto-Rx, wax crystals are part of formula. They melt in your thumb and forefinger if you gently roll your fingers together. These wax crystals melt in your oil and the ones that are not used in cleaning will go to your filter. The size of these wax crystals are so minute they could not lodge anywhere (98.9% melt) they don't cause any scratches to metal parts. Drew had it almost correct about engine temperature, when Auto-Rx goes into your host oil it takes on the viscosity of your oil - cold or hot. Auto-Rx only leaves clean metal on all rotating engine parts so your oil can perform to the max. Suggest you read Terry Dyson's post above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back