more treatment for the satty

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, I've run 2 auto-rx treatments in my saturn(163k miles 1994 SL1). The oil consumption has decreased noticibly. But, I still have 2 full bottles of RX left. I currently have Castrol GTX 10w-40 in the crankcase. My plan is to slap on a new filter and dump in a treatment of RX when I reach 1500miles on this interval. I then plan to run the RX treatment for 1500 miles. 100 miles before the end of that interval I plan to put an ounce of neutra in each cylinder and soak them overnight. Then I'll drain the oil, put on a new filter and fresh GTX 10w40 with a maintenence dose of RX.

sound like a plan?

--Matt

i would think auto rx would of cleaned almost everything up. i would jsut save the bottles and run it in another car or a little per oil change to prevent sludge and other stuff. unless u want to donate ur bottles to the 'united poorer persons account who doesnt want to use any money' academy, which is me. heheh.

mkosem, I have been running Neutra fuel treatment in the gas. I started off with the full dose, 12oz. to 10-15 gals of fuel, then cut back to half the treatment rate continuously. It works real well. One car I thought was smooth is really smooth now, a definite positive effect. If I'm not mistaken I recall a posting by Molekule recommending that Neutra be used continuously at half the treatment rate for 1000 miles in order to really clean up the combustion chamber.

I dumped a 12 oz. bottle in a co-workers car last week. Midsize Ford - 50K. Electric fuel pump had been noisy and blew a fuse. (maybe his kid kept running it on a low tank?) The hum of the fuel pump seemed quieter then before the blown fuse, after a half tank of neutra treated gas was consumed, and no more blown fuses.

Adding it in the gas provides additional benefits throughout the system.

If it works for you it's cheap enough by the gallon - contact Tim Mills site sponsor.

you recommend using it in the gas rather than soaking the pistons in it? or in addition to soaking?

--Matt

I drive a brand new 2003 ECHO, and I've been adding about 3 ounces of Neutra 131 to the gas with each fill up (about 10 gallons). The engine became immediately smoother right after I added the first dose. By experimenting, I discovered that 2 ounces is not enough but 3 ounces seems to be an acceptable minimum (judged subjectively - just by the feel of the engine).

If I don't add any to the gas, then within a half a tank-full much of the smoothness vanishes.

Now it's certainly not carbon-related in my case, since the engine is brand new. So I'm assuming that the effect is due to improved upper-cylinder lubrication - perhaps resulting in slightly less flutter on the valve train. Of course, there's always the possibility of a placebo effect, since the interpretation is subjective - but it's a bit too dramatic for me to accept that explanation. The best way to describe it, as Bill J has already commented, is that the engine gets smoother.

my car runs better with ucl products in the gas. even mmo in the gas seems to smooth things out. But, mmo fouls the plugs. What other options are there? Is lucas good? do most FI cleaners have some sort of UCL in them?

--Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back