Shaeffer's 132 and Auto-RX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Terry for all the information. I am sort of a Mystik guy but I actually have not used Mystik much up until recently. A long time ago I used to use Pennzoil-Quaker State but after I heard some negative stuff about those oils I started using Castrol and Valvoline. I also have used Mobil 1 and even Amsoil from time to time. The BOBISTHEOILGUY web site is really interesting and I wish I had found it earlier. I try to use the best motor oil, oil filters, etc., at the most reasonable price, that I can find for my car. But how do you determine the best motor oil? Actually the only information I have that Mystik is good is that three professional mechanics have told me that they like (or liked) Mystik oil. One was my father (who is deceased), and the other two are still alive. One raced cars (and used Mystik) as well as being a mechanic. I wish somebody would do a study of Mystik. I am really impressed with Auto-RX which I first discovered after finding this site. Auto-RX really works-I know. I am thinking about using Shaeffer's Oil at least in the wintertime and also Shaeffer's #132. It is obvious that many people who visit this web site really know a lot about motor oils. Every product that has been praised at this web site has worked for me. It is great finding stuff that really works. Right now I am using Mystik but I am tempted to use Castrol or Chevron because of what has been said by people at this web site.

Can Shaeffer's 132 and Auto-RX be used together. I have finished my first engine cleaning with Auto-RX (let me tell you, Auto-RX really works-you should see my oil filter!). After the second cleaning with Auto-RX, I plan on using 3 ounces of Auto-RX each oil change. Can I also use the Shaeffer 132 at the same time?

Definitely ! Depending on the oil you are using and its viscosity use between 90 - 175 mL for 4 to 5 qt system. I like to use Lube Control in a mix of 132 at 30% LC and 70% 132. 125ml - 250ml total mix.

Using LC/132 at 125ml and 5 qts of Exxon superflo in a toyota 3.0 L we achieved as low as wear as tests we ran using Oil Extreme and the same oil.

I have used the 2 to 3 oz Auto-Rx in all these formulations to achieve a nice balance to clean, low wear.

Note that if you use Schaeffers oils they already contain the perfect blend of adds and aside from Auto-Rx or LC, I would not attempt any variation with 132.

Use oil analysis to confirm the blend if you do this or you are "flying blind".

As your name indicates you may be Mystik/Citgo fan and the LC would work well with those oils as they run a bit thick by design.

This gives alot of options with differing substances/brands that have all been tested and tried. I still believe in using a good fully formulated oil unless you are using analysis to adjust and stay in grade.

Terry

[ March 22, 2003, 12:56 PM: Message edited by: Terry ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back