MityVac bleeders

Status
Not open for further replies.
They don't really use that much air; your compressor should be able to keep up without draining the tank.

Also of note, they barely have any suction. A warm differential will take around 3-5 minutes to drain. It does not bleed brakes very well either.

Originally Posted By: Gabe
They don't really use that much air; your compressor should be able to keep up without draining the tank.

Also of note, they barely have any suction. A warm differential will take around 3-5 minutes to drain. It does not bleed brakes very well either.

Interesting. Why would it not bleed brakes very well?

It takes too long to get it started draining. The MityVac cannot be lower than bleed screw since the air bubble raise faster than the brake fluid comes out. If the MityVac is placed on top of the fender, then it does not have enough suction to pull the brake fluid up.

By the time I get it draining right, I could have done all four by hand.

It takes too long to get it started draining. The MityVac cannot be lower than bleed screw since the air bubble raise faster than the brake fluid comes out. If the MityVac is placed on top of the fender, then it does not have enough suction to pull the brake fluid up.

Would keeping it just above the bleed screw work?

Or would getting the hand pump work better? Thanks for the help.

Mityvac MV6830 is too expensive and only do one job. Mityvac 7201 costs less and do many jobs, all you need for brake bleeding with 7201 is get a sturdy flexible hose that fit the bleed screw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back