My latest Auto-rx experience!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patman

Staff member
I'm extremely impressed!

I changed my oil yesterday and put in 5 quarts of Schaeffer Supreme and one 12oz bottle of Auto-rx. I still had a noisy valvetrain in my LT1, so I was hoping this second treatment would do the trick.

After having driven only 80 miles so far, the valvetrain is completely quiet! I used to hear the ticking from 15feet away if I got out of my car with the engine running, but now even when I put my ear right near the hood, I don't hear the valvetrain anymore! Awesome!

I think the Auto-rx is cleaning much better this time around since there are no esters in Schaeffer oil. The first rx treatment I did was a 600 mile run with Maxlife, which has esters in it. That run did quieten the valvetrain quite a bit, so this second run just finished the job. I was already extremely impressed with my oil analysis results improvement after the first run with rx, and I just know that the next interval after this cleaning will be the best one ever.

I'm going to run approximately 2000km on this cleaning.

Cool, has your oil pressure changed any as well? I just finished my 1st treatment and I no longer have blue smoke at startup from worn valve guides.

Jason

My oil pressure is still the same, although at full throttle it's fluctuating more now that I have an AC Delco filter on it compared to the K&N I had on it before.

quote:

Originally posted by St.Patrickman:

After having driven only 80 miles so far, the valvetrain is completely quiet! I used to hear the ticking from 15feet away if I got out of my car with the engine running, but now even when I put my ear right near the hood, I don't hear the valvetrain anymore! Awesome!

Patman,

I just added 2 oz. of Neutra to quiet my valvetrain in the Camry V6. I'm running Schaeffer Blend 5w30 and changed the oil 3K miles ago. I hope it is as safe as Auto-Rx at that dose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back