Auto RX in Civic & Ford F150 motor/tranny ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think your Honda has any filter in the automatic. I like adding an in-line filter in the cooler line, either Filtran SPX or Magnefine. I just removed the Magnefine filter from my Toyota after 15,000 miles, opened, it, and it does have very small amounts of very fine metal residue on the magnet and fine dark residue on the filter. It's working.

I'd add the same filter to the Ford after your cleaning, flush, and in-sump filter change...it'll maybe eliminate the need to go into your transmission sump the next time.

Ken

i think the civics do have a filter in the tranny...unlike older accords that dont have a filter period. but i may be mistaken as well.

auto rx will be good maybe just 1 application would be fine since u dont have too many miles, just follow up on a small dose per oil change. call honda to be sure about ur transmission, they should know lol. yet this is my opinon and my .00002 cents HAh

I have a 99 Civic 69K auto tran & F159 4.6L V8 w/100K auto tran. Both vehicles have been driven easy overall and about 60/40 hwy/city mileage. The Honda doesn't want to shift into OD as soon as it did at a younger age. This is when cold but also notice shifting in general is not as good as it was. The F150 had tranny fluid changed at 50K when it developed a shudder during some shifts (corrected problem). Neither vehicle has had a filter change on tranny. What is the proper recipe for rejuvenating these 2 trannys w/Autorx? Do I need filter replacement when draining after running the Autorx? Some state here not to do anything but fluid change vs fluid & filter change. What recipe for the 2 vehicles as far as adding Autorx in the oil. Both Civic and Ford were bought new by me and had Penz dino every 4K since new and when look in oil filler necks they look silver without and visible gunk/varnish at this time. I just want to clean what I know has bilt up due to normal use. Would 1 treat be enough on each motor and tranny? Hope Frank jumps in with help here with the rest of you. Thanks, Gary.

what special...heheh u should ask frank directly by emailing him, he doesnt have alot of time in the world u know..go to the site and go to the part that says contact us and there is a email addie there, thats his address

Visit www.auto-rx.net this is site for "Automatic Transmissions" Auto-Rx works on ratio's for a transmission it is a ONE TIME TREATMENT of 6 Ounces of Auto-Rx drive 1000 miles and drain it out including the torque converter then refill with new transmission fluid thats it for 40,000
more miles. your finished. T-Tec is an automated process to drain & refill your transmission. It gets more "Crud" out than any plain drain method.
Auto-Rx does not care if you have transmission filter thats why T-Tec does full service on your
unit. So you can drive without doing a job you
may not be equipped for. The other 6 ounces of Auto-Rx can go for rear end-power steering. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back