Your thoughts duralast gold battery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picked one up for the CRV since the cranking amps were getting a little weak on the original. Three year free replacement i figured why not. Haven't installed it yet.

Did you verify the impedance of the existing battery versus a new one to determine if the current capability was indeed reduced?

Without a measure of impedance and active material, its tough to make any claims. Remember that for every 8 degrees C above 25C, life decreases by half.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Did you verify the impedance of the existing battery versus a new one to determine if the current capability was indeed reduced?

Without a measure of impedance and active material, its tough to make any claims. Remember that for every 8 degrees C above 25C, life decrease
s by half.

I took the V to honda for a software upgrade to the transmission, it was a recall. They told me with paper work that the battery was weak.

I have had good performance and life from Duralast batteries IF you get a fresh one. To many dealers have old stock and batteries loose capacity as they age.

Duralast batteries are made by:
Johnson Controls Inc. One of the few manufactures in world.
They make batteries for Interstate, Optima, Autozone (Duralast), Sears (Diehard), Bosch, Walmart in the Northern US (Everstart), and many OEM's.
Walmart batteries in the Southern US are typically made by Exide.

Excellent Batteries.

The other battery Manufactures are Exide, Panasonic, and Solite.

I forgot about them, don't usually see them that much. I think they make Deka right ?

Duralast Gold are excellent batteries, I think they are about the very best you can buy in a reasonable price range. I have one in my truck and also in my wife's car, this will be our third summer with them and both are doing a fine job here in the Florida heat and humidity.

Originally Posted By: Jimmy9190
Duralast Gold are excellent batteries, I think they are about the very best you can buy in a reasonable price range. I have one in my truck and also in my wife's car, this will be our third summer with them and both are doing a fine job here in the Florida heat and humidity.

+1 I have never had an issue with a Duralast battery in the 10+ years i've been using them. I almost always purchase the gold top but the red top battries are also very good quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back