Ethanol Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw a product at Home Depot by this name. As the name implies, it helps to shield your engine from the effects of E10. It is marketed towards small engines i.e. lawnmowers and weed eaters. Does anyone have experience with this product?

unless you are experiencing serious, if not consistent phase separation for ethanol-blended gasoline (meaning that gasoline and ethanol separated), otherwise, all you need to do is to dope your gasoline jerrycan with sta-bil or marine stab-il and consider using it up as quickly as possible.

*trick to dealing with E10 gas used in OPE (including 2cyl)*:

Buy/store just enough gas to be used up within a month's time. Dope it with sta-bil or marine sta-bil if you have fears of accelerated deterioration or phase separation of gas.

Run your engine dry before winter storge. In the case where you can afford/knowledgeable enough to do winterization, by all means, drain the carb bowl/fog the engine.

No need to get too hyped up on these useless otc market out there. for most of them feeds of fUD and are basically useless in nature.

Q. (been living in E10 country for over 2 decades, no issues at all).

I don't see why it wouldn't work in a gasoline injected engine...but to properly treat it per the directions would be kind of costly...Haha. cause last I checked the small 4 ounce bottles only treats like 2 gallons of fuel or something.

This product is excellent to prevent the terrible effects of Ethanol Scare. Buy it, use it regularly, and sleep well.

Ethanol in gasoline does have some deleterious effects, but much less than most people are frightened about. As posted above, keep the fuel fresh and there won't be a problem--or at least I haven't had a problem in all my 4-stroke and 2-stroke engines.

Checkout a fairly new product called Star Tron by Star bright. It's an enzyme type product that prevents phase separation.
I bought mine at Auto Zone.

there are also automotive gas and small engine versions of the product(startron).I used some in some lawnmowers a few years ago that I was trying to salvage.

Yea, Startron would probably be your better bet.....this "Ethanol Shield" I seen at Walmart....is in a small 2 or 4 oz. bottle....and yea, it's marketed towards yard equipment.....so I believe it only treats 5 gallons or something.....whereas Startron, treats like 120 gallons, for a 8 oz. bottle :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back