Funky Web Pages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some guy posted this up on a gun board as 100% serious:

[removed dead link]

Normally I would just go right by such a thing, but the guy is deadly serious playing the lubrication expert. Giving people advice and the whole bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
My good God, he's retarded!

Quote:
Multi weight oil is a particular weight oil that flows like another weight oil at zero degrees. For example-
5w30 is 5 weight oil that flows like 30 weight oil at zero degrees.
10w30 is 10 weight oil that flows like 30 weight oil at zero degrees and so on. The higher number comes from the time required to pour out a given amount at zero degrees. Therefore a 30 weight oil is thinner than a 40 weight because the container empties faster when cold (because it is thinner).

Quote:
"Euro Spec" for engines is Pentosin 5w40. They also have their own mineral based hydraulic fluid for brakes and clutches designated by cap color (red, green and blue) phosphate free engine coolant in two colors (blue and red) and a synthetic ATF. With Pentosin the color on the cap or the color of the fluid (or both) generally matches the cap of the reservoir it's going into. There is no substitute for these products no matter what the bottle says. Will something else work? Maybe. Will it last? It's your Mercedes.

Quote:
Mobil1 is one of the few oils that meets the new GM "DEXOS" spec and only in the 5w30 variety. All the other weights and brands failed. A few of the other brands that claim DEXOS compliance are likely repackaged Mobil1 or GM oil.

Quote:
NO oil from any major manufacturer has zinc in it any longer so any marine, antique or street rod (or anything with a flat tappet cam including new V8 Jeeps) application must have zinc additive to survive long. Gibbs racing and a few others have some zinc blended oil but it is expensive and hard to find. Zinc is an extreme pressure (EP) additive and does the lubricating under extreme loads like where cam meets lifter. It will not "squish" out so it is good for high load bearing surfaces and extreme heat.

crazy2.gif

Is this the same Turkey that was over in one of the 2-cycle power sports site that was telling people he could detect sizes of molecules?

He makes some dangerous comments.
crazy2.gif

Originally Posted By: MolaKule
Is this the same Turkey that was over in one of the 2-cycle power sports site that was telling people he could detect sizes of molecules?

He makes some dangerous comments.
crazy2.gif

Different Turkey. You are correct - his comments are dangerous. After all these months, he decides to PM me on another board. He's taking it like a personal attack or something. So he re-directed his link. I told him I would request that this thread be taken down and he went completely rabid. Very strange - how could someone post such a thing on the net and not expect people to comment?

I clicked that link and was redirected to the Swedish fish candy web site. That truly is strange.. haha. I don't even like those things.

Quote:
Very strange - how could someone post such a thing on the net and not expect people to comment?

I suspect he is one of those arrogant and condencending people who think they have all the answers but have very little knowledge of the actual topic.

Used to be a website with this brilliant statement:
Quote:
NEVER use 5W-30 or 5W-20 oil because it is closer to a grinding compound than a lubricant.
by Louis LaPointe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back