Valvoline NextGen Q&A Answers posted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: 3311
I didn't know Premuim Blue was a recycled oil.
Is Valvoline going to make a NextGen diesel-specific oil? My VIOC guy says it's coming, no sign of it yet?

I have't received mine yet--been checking inbox and junk mail daily. I'll be looking especially closely now. Is there a return site to Valvoline to contact if mine doesn't come?

Just got mine thru WWilson. Hope you got yours, HTSS TR.
You can print it from your messages in "my Stuff"

Originally Posted By: Garak
Originally Posted By: Zako2
Unfortunately, no one has asked the question why is it so hard to find Maxlife Nextgen 5W20 in stores. None of the parts stores where I live carry it. According to Walmart's web site, some Walmart locations have it. However, the ones that I visit do not have it.

I think you (and I) are just prisoners of the market. While they said it's available in Canada, I have yet to see it. We're always behind the curve in that kind of thing anyway. I finally found Defy, and Nextgen shouldn't be too far behind, or I'm simply not looking hard enough.

It's on the shelf at the Vic East Wal*Mart.

Originally Posted By: ib516
It's on the shelf at the Vic East Wal*Mart.

Yep! Coincidentally, I mentioned in another thread I had found it, and that's where it was. And, it's cheaper than VWB and all the other regularly priced conventionals there (other than Super Tech, I suppose).

I mailed in my rebate form for 5 qts NextGen on June 1. It is not noted in the Valvoline tracker site. Other rebates have been returned in 2 weeks--this over a month. The cash rebate of up to $30. The lady I talked to at the tracker site knew nothing about this rebate. I had her pull up the NextGen Q & A site on BITOG and she knew nothing about it. Has anyone else had trouble getting the rebate?

Yes, I had a lot of trouble. I submitted my 30.00 rebate 7 weeks ago. Just got it, but not for the correct amount. They only sent me back 15.00 and said I had multiple submissions. I said, how so? She said you submitted 2 15.00 5 quart jugs in on the rebate. I said okay, and your point? My truck uses more than 6 quarts of oil, so I bought two 5 quart jugs since that is what they had left. Needless to say, this conversation went no where, and I got 15.00. I am done with mail in rebates. It is too much of a hassle...

I hope you get yours though.

Thank you for your reply. I'm going to call in a week to see if some knows of the rebate. The lady I talked to, as I mentioned, knew nothing about it. Did you contact Vavoline thru the Tracker site phone number at the bottom of the rebate page?

I got the rebate center number from Valvoline Tech Support, and called them directly. I'd say both times the women I spoke with were rude. That is why I am done with the rebates. It's not worth the hassle for 15.00. Yes, saving money is good, but at first they lost my rebate stuff, and wanted me to resubmit, and then a week later they found it again. I don't know...

Thank you so much, "Since 1941", for your help and response. I'll give them a call. Rude, perhaps, is better than no knowledge of the rebate from the Tracker site.--BTW-I've been here since 1941, also. Thank you, again.

Yeah, the good thing is most calls can be monitored for QA/QC.
thumbsup2.gif

36.gif

I'm surprised no one asked if the base oil derived from the recycled motor oil is Group II or Group I.
33.gif

Finally got my rebate check in the mail. I think that's all the rebates I go for a long time.

I've been reading this thread to find out if the oil is any good because Advance Auto is running a mail in rebate for $20.00 on the 5.1 Qt jug or 5 individual Qts. I went and picked up a jug for $21.xx with tax. I hope my rebate experience isn't as troublesome as what others on here have had.

I got my BITOG Q&A rebate check for the full amount I paid for the Nextgen Maxlife 10W-40 I bought quickly.
I've gotten every Nextgen rebate I've submitted, including two AZ gift cards and four AMEX gift cards from AAP.
Is the oil any good?
Check the UOA forum for the 4K run I did in my old BMW on Nextgen Maxlife 10W-40.
I was pleased.

Originally Posted By: G-MAN
I'm surprised no one asked if the base oil derived from the recycled motor oil is Group II or Group I.
33.gif

Tried asking what group oils they use and they beat around the bush and couldn't revealed that info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back