TC-W3 Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
If a TC-W3 oil has zero solvents, would the recommended dosage be less than 1 oz per 5 gallons?

Maybe half that?

Thanks.

Recommended dose is 640:1 ratio (2 oz. per 10 gal. of gas), you may do better at 50% less which is 1280:1 ratio (1 oz. per 10 gal. of gas.)

Originally Posted By: CougarRed
If a TC-W3 oil has zero solvents, would the recommended dosage be less than 1 oz per 5 gallons?

Maybe half that?

Thanks.

I had some Amsoil 100:1 oil about 13 years ago. I would consider it to have zero solvents. I used it as a premix for my 115HP Mercury outboard. I poured some in a transparent Scribner 5 gallon jug and added gasoline. The oil stuck to the bottom and was very hard to mix. I than tried to fill another jug half full and then add the Amsoil. The Amsoil went straight to the bottom and was also hard to mix. I did those 2 tests because I wanted to make sure that if I poured some oil in my boats fuel tank it would mix when I filled it with gasoline. I did not feel comfortable using the 100:1 amsoil in my boat, and I would not pour it in my cars gas tank. I kept it on my boat for an emergency, but I never used it again. It went with the boat when I sold it. Amsoil may have improved their 100:! in the last 13 years. I used their other 2 stroke oil and had no problems, but I didn't notice anything different from standard 2 stroke oil, so I never bought it again.

If you are using it in a car, I would see if it easily mixes with fuel in a clear container.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back