Pennzoil & GM syncromesh in Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there all,

Sometimes living in the southern hemisphere has its drawbacks.

One of those drawbacks is I can't get half the stuff you guys in the states can get, and if I can it's damm expensive.(enough ranting)

All my Saab buddys(in the US) use Pennzoil syncromesh oil in their manual gearboxs. GM syncromesh oil is the same (made by Pennzoil).

Does anyone in Australia know if either of these two oils are available?

I tried my local Holden dealer for the GM version and no muffin.
And Pennzoil in Australia is like chicken lips.

I know that Redline MTL is the equivalent to syncromesh but I was really hoping to get the Pennzoil version.

Thanks all,
Greg in Sydney

Last edited:
LOL! you don't what things sold here in NA: over 1/2 of the OTC stuff are useless stuff that encourages/promotes avg joe to burn their mullah through their wallets (comprised mainly of stoddard solvents, pale oils with minty green smell, smell of pinesol, kerosene, etc.)

However, good quality motor oils from major oil manufacturers can still be had for a song (still).

Q.

Redline MTl is a full synthetic, and is probably better all around than the very good dino Pennzoil Synchromesh.
Don't hesitate to use it.
Gm has [had] 3 versions of their Synchromesh.

Originally Posted By: mechtech2
Redline MTl is a full synthetic, and is probably better all around than the very good dino Pennzoil Synchromesh.
Don't hesitate to use it.
Gm has [had] 3 versions of their Synchromesh.

I agree,

I actually use Redline MT-85 currently. And its good. But its just a bit thin (watery)for my liking.

I'll use the thicker MTL next change.

MTL(70w80) are actually thinner while MT85(75w85) are thicker but if you after synchromesh, might as well choose Royal Purple synchromesh. You could get it from ebay au.

Originally Posted By: Trex101
MTL(70w80) are actually thinner while MT85(75w85) are thicker but if you after synchromesh, might as well choose Royal Purple synchromesh. You could get it from ebay au.

Wow, I didn't know that.
I thought the range was (thinnest to thickest)
MT-85
MTL
MT-90.

I'll ask my Saab buddies about the royal purple syncromesh
I've seen that on ebay.

Thanks Trex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back