Plews grease guns, opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys I am interested in the "Plews" pistol grip grease gun and would appreciate responses and your findings relative to this tool.
I am well aware that the standard/Gun everyone talks about is the Lincoln model 1134, however what can it do that the Plew's equivalent model can't at a much lower price I might add?
It just doesn't make any sense that one company would lag behind another for something as simple as a grease gun!

What is your opinions and professional experience with these products?

In my experience the only functional difference between the two is that the Lincoln grease guns with the flexible hose have a type of nozzle that is easier to remove from the zerk than comparable Plews guns.

We have a few of both and if cost were a big concern I'd go with the Plews.

I go for a level operated as they have higher pressure for a once and awhile stuck fitting.

If one is good 3 are better. One pneumatic, two lever, one with standard chassis grease and one with marine grease (for boat & trailer).

JRed, thanks for the reply. What you said makes sense, but that could be corrected with a hose/nozzle if it became a problem.

My main consideration is whether the Plews or Lincoln has a significant advantage relative to losing it's control over the "PRIME" of the cartridge?

My current gun is from tractor supply and causes me a lot of misery in that area!! It's about 10 years old, and has driven me NUTS on the priming problem!

What do you think? I'm somewhat stuck on this due to lack of experience with what's available in grease guns today at a reasonable price without that that dam priming problem!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back