Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The real smart ones are the ones who bought gold at the start of the treasury market bull run and peak interest rates. I guess that correlates when banks were dumping gold.

I'm not that smart. I caught some of the tail end of the run, but the question remains: load up when it bottoms out this go around? I mean, as part of a well balanced portfolio?
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Bottom will equal what? I think it was around $298/oz last time...

I dunno? Europe's outcome has to be settled. Any talk of more QE or anything else that starts US dollar fear, inflation, and continued low to negative real interest rates will probably kick off another run. Most experts seem to think that's what eventually will happen. But it looks like deflation is coming into play now.

I'm almost tired of trying to mess with it and scramble for a few percent here and there.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
I shorted gold and the S&P on Friday. I'm biting my nails.

Way to short the pig!

Surprised no one asked you precisely what you shorted!

You greedy busker.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-05-15/gold-eclipsed-by-dollar-haven-as-goldman-sees-rally.html

“Gold is just another risk asset,” said Michael Aronstein, the president of Marketfield Asset Management in New York, who predicted the 2008 slump that drove commodities down 66 percent in seven months and then the rebound in 2009. “It made you a lot of money if you took the risk eight or 10 years ago. A real safe haven would be a pile of high-denomination Swiss franc or dollar notes, stored in a safety deposit box.”

Originally Posted By: Pablo
I shorted gold and the S&P on Friday. I'm biting my nails.

Way to short the pig!

Surprised no one asked you precisely what you shorted!

You greedy busker.

I don't even mess with individual stocks. I just used the bear Profunds S&P 500 ETF SH. Not much. I'm sitting tight in cash mostly. I've noticed it's hard to use ETF metal shorts because many times the spot price will rise in the evening when the ETF is not open!

I don't know what to think; the last time commodities started taking a dump in tandem with equities like this, it was during the market crash in 08.

Last edited:
Is anyone looking at AA? I bought some a while ago at $9.8x, but have held. Now appears to be a significant buy opportunity. I've cashed out of some other equities to position myself for an AA buy. Anyone else think AA is a solid $15 stock in the next few years?

The Facebook IPO is set for Friday so we could see a rally because of it. It should provide an opportunity to sell longs and short the market.

Originally Posted By: Warstud
The Facebook IPO is set for Friday so we could see a rally because of it. It should provide an opportunity to sell longs and short the market.

So much for a facebook rally. Shows you how badly someone wants out

So much for a facebook rally. Shows you how badly someone wants out

That's pretty good. Well I mean bad.
shocked2.gif
grin2.gif

Cramer is talking a potential $1,000 point correction in the dow.

The DOW's high point this year was at 13,279 only 18 days ago on 5/1/12 ... and today it closed at 12,369. Almost at a 1000 point drop already. Or do you mean ANOTHER 1000 points from right now?
eek.gif

He meant another thousand...

I've been following some people are are technical experts in the stock market, and next week is critical to holding onto some key technical levels. Well, actually, some short term ones have been breached, but if some medium term ones are breached, things COULD go down big. I'm guessing a short term bounce is in order. I hope so! The market is way oversold at the moment.

It'll probably drop for another few weeks, then race back.

I'll wait a bit before I add to my positions.

I suppose no one took advantage of the Triple in the stock I previously mentioned?

Originally Posted By: tpitcher
I suppose no one took advantage of the Triple in the stock I previously mentioned?

3 X short fund?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back