Best Way To Remove Blood From Fabric Seat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bless her heart, but my woman drives me nuts. Rescues mamma duck from road. Hit by car. This thing is as good as dead. Wraps it in her sweater and puts the package on the passenger seat. Blood soaked through sweater on to seat. Nice warm sunny day.

Best method for removing blood from a brand new tan-colored fabric seat on a sunny 80 degree day?

Dab it with hydrogen peroxide. H2O2 dissolves blood. I would do it on a small area first just to make sure it wont damage your fabric.

Last edited:
Hydrogen Peroxide works great on removing. But it may also bleach out the tan on your new seat. Test it first on an inconspicuous area.

Too bad for the duck...

Folex. You can buy it cheap at home depot or lowes. It is odor free and does a great job. Spray a good amount on the stain, blot with a terrycloth towel. Keep spraying and blotting until the stain goes away.

I always use Hydrogen Peroxide. But first, I soak the area in cold water and blot up as much as possible afterward. Next, you can apply table salt to the area and blot again. Finally, if it isn't clean, use the hydrogen peroxide. I suggest trying it diluted first. I have to do the same thing to our carpets when my dog is in heat.

Thanks all..

Done. So is the duck.

For anyone reading this with similiar issues:

COLD water. Blot and wipe

DETERGENT not soap.

With the area wet with cold water, spray a diluted mix of Hydrogen Peroxide and cold water. Blot, wipe, rinse well with cold water. Still might want to test an area first.

That did the trick for me. You would never know it happened. if the preceeding does not get the stain out, the advice was/is to use mixtures of ammonia and water, baking soda, and finish up with table salt and vacuum when dry. Lots of information on the subject if you Google it.

Learned two things today:

1. How to clean blood off a fabric car seat.
2. Show more concern over the duck than the stain on the seat of our newest car.

Last edited:
All three duckings DRT. Mammas right leg was missing and bleeding profusely. Mamma was taken to the vet and euthanised.

Don't know who hit them but they kept driving. Then the wife came along...

Originally Posted By: Oil Changer
All three duckings DRT. Mammas right leg was missing and bleeding profusely. Mamma was taken to the vet and euthanised.

Don't know who hit them but they kept driving. Then the wife came along...

Wow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back