KUMHO ECSTA 4X vs HANKOOK VENTUS V2 CONCEPT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kumho Ecsta 4X is Ultra High Performance with speed rate W and UTQG 420 AA A, Hankook Ventus V2 Concept is High Performance with speed rate H and UTQG 500 A A.

I'm thinking about install either tire on my 2004 HOnda S2000. Currently it has Hankook Ventus V12 Evo, the performance/handling is very good on dry road and so so on wet surface, tread life is fairly short at around 10-11k miles if I run it down to 1-2/32".

I'm tired of fast wearing tires on the S2000, specially the rear seems didn't lasted more than 12-13k miles whichever tires I had before.

Anyone had/have either Kumho Ecsta 4X or Hankook Ventus V2 Concept ? What are your opinions about either tire ?

TIA

My mistake, Hankook Ventus V2 Concept has speed rate V, not H in the 17" sizes.

Hankook Ventus V2 Concept has no mileage warranty, while Kumho Ecsta 4X has 40k miles tread life warranty.

Just another vote for the V12 Evos here, as they are quiet and smooth riding. Short tread life means more than likely better traction, but we all have to decide for ourselves.

I have no experience with Kumhos at all.

I have the Kumho 4X on my GTI. We just went through the wettest March in Portland history. They cut through the water like champs. Their dry handling is above par also. You will mostly be driving on dry pavement in Socal. I don't know what to expect from mileage out of these yet.

We have on average 8-15 rainy days a year. So I'm paying more attention to dry performance than wet, but it needs to do reasonably well on wet surfaces in case I get caught driving the S2000 on highway and it's pouring.

I've had 235/45-18 Kumho Ecsta 4X on my Kia 2.0T for a few months and they're just as tested by TireRack. Excellent dry and wet grip/braking and superb steering response that goes a long way to correct criticisms of that car's steering feel. No sign that tread life will be an issue, but they're still young (but that 400 tread wear rating must mean something). They're not a "quiet" tire - they communicate what the pavement's like - but they're quieter then the [censored] OEM Nexen's (a very low bar) and Dunlop Wintersports, and are more than acceptable for noise on decent pavement. Ride is firm but not harsh.

Bet they'd be a pretty decent tire on an S2000.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Just another vote for the V12 Evos here, as they are quiet and smooth riding. Short tread life means more than likely better traction, but we all have to decide for ourselves.

I have no experience with Kumhos at all.

the "hankook v12 evo k110" are 180$ off at DTD right now on 4 also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back