2006 Buick Lucerne Coolant Change?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Buick with the 4.6L Northstar has 72k on the clock with original coolant. Owners manual says 5 years or 150k whichever comes first. Current coolant tests fine and appears clean.
Do you think I should change it out? My local Firestone Store is running a special on it. They say they use Peak that is compatible with all fluids incl Dex Cool. What say you?

Thanks.

How did you test the coolant? By freezing it? Or send it out for an analysis? Worn out coolant still protects against freezing, just not against corrosion.

I would do two radiator drain & fills and you are good to go. Forget the flush. Use a real Dexcool, not an all makes/all models. Doesn't have to be a GM Dexcool, but should be a real Dexcool.

Change it. As others stated, it's time or mileage. Your Lucerne is over on time, and so it should be changed.

I like the 2 radiator drain/fills method with real Dex.

Originally Posted By: Chris Meutsch
I'd use Dex Cool and make sure the change is done correctly, including full burping and filling of the system.

+1

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Originally Posted By: Chris Meutsch
I'd use Dex Cool and make sure the change is done correctly, including full burping and filling of the system.

+1

+2

Just do a drain and fill with Dex Cool. That way you don't void your warranty. Also Dex Cool is compatible with the seals and metals inside your engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back