peak oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone using peak oil? iam thinking of taking advantige of advance auto parts sale and stocking up.going to swtich to conventional oil after my syn stash is gone.cars seem to run the same on both syn and conventional i change every 4 to 5000 any way.

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
Can't see a 4 or 5K interval being a problem; Oil is SN approved with no alerts from PQIA.

The allure of a $10 OC is strong.

+1 Solid conventional and good for 4-5k intervals.

Is WPP packaging this for PEAK or is OLD WORLD blending themselves - the MSDS seems to point to the latter. Warren makes oil containers so just bc it has WPP molded into the bottle doesnt mean wpp BLEnd AND PACKAGE IT.

I am. I have 42 quarts of 5w20 syn and at least 10 quarts of 5w30 conventional. I got the syn at Advance for an average of $2 per qt and the conventional for $1 per qt.

Originally Posted By: zeezee
I am. I have 42 quarts of 5w20 syn and at least 10 quarts of 5w30 conventional. I got the syn at Advance for an average of $2 per qt and the conventional for $1 per qt.

wow!

FWIW, I ran Peak 5W-20 for a 5K OCI in my FJ and the Blackstone analysis basically said to not run it any longer than the 5K I was already doing.

As others have said, on par with Supertech. Meets spec but do not think you have much of a buffer if you let the OCI get too long past due.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: z917990
Hootbro:

Could you show us the UOA for your FJ, please? I searched for it and could not find it. Thank you.

Below is a link to it. It says Super Tech 5W-30 but it actually was the Peak 5W-20 I sent in as I used a previous pre printed info sheet for another vehicle and Blackstone did not update the report when they sent it.

http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/920788/original/oil.jpg

Looking at virgin oil report on pqia web site, it seems like Peak is a good, robust oil. If I needed oil for my next oil change, I'd buy a jug and throw away that Driveworks oil filter. However, I don't think the advance auto sale is good enough to stash more of Peak oil than I need at this moment considering I can buy something like a gallon of Quaker State Defy or PYB at Walmart for $15-17, any time. The oil that's worth stashing is Valvoline's Nextgen and Maxlife Nextgen since most parts stores are offering main-in rebates on it right now. The AAP promotion is the best. No need for envelopes or paper forms. Simply save receipts and apply online for the rebate. I am getting ready to pick up my 3rd FAR gallon of NextGen from them.

Last edited:
Hootbro:

Thank you for posting the UOA. That looks pretty good. I now feel better about my stash of Peak synthetic ($1.95 clearance at AAP).

Just make sure it meets your manufacturer's spec. The last time I checked, their website didn't say anything about meeting Fords' nor Chryslers' spec, so I won't use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back