'American' non-ethanol gas in Kutztown?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: mpvue
american gasoline
saw this in my local paper today, never heard of these guys before!

I went to Kutztown University, there is a LOT of farming and ag there so perhaps to power a lot of farm machinery there is a demand for non ethanol gasoline.

Originally Posted By: NismoMax80
so ironic that we must use corn fuel while farmers get pure gas.

Like I mentioned earlier it is probably because lots of ag equipment is not designed to accept ethanol mixed fuel.

Originally Posted By: antiqueshell
Originally Posted By: NismoMax80
so ironic that we must use corn fuel while farmers get pure gas.

Like I mentioned earlier it is probably because lots of ag equipment is not designed to accept ethanol mixed fuel.

You have examples? I can't think of anything gas a farmer would use that isn't an ATV or some piece of equipment powered by a Honda, etc. Unless large numbers of farmers are using vintage equipment.

I'm going with there are other reasons, like it stores better or performs better.

Originally Posted By: hatt
I can't think of anything gas a farmer would use that isn't an ATV or some piece of equipment powered by a Honda, etc. Unless large numbers of farmers are using vintage equipment.

You'd be surprised. There is a lot of vintage equipment in use, just not for the "heavy lifting," necessarily. The big tractors, combines, and so forth will be newer and will have zero problems with ethanol, or, more likely, will run on diesel.

The issues that come to mind would be the smaller tractors used for snowblowing or pushing snow, moving bales, and that kind of thing. They very well could be much older and go through a lot less fuel.

On the other side of the coin, it's easy to blame ethanol for problems, while ignoring the fact that the fuel lines are original equipment from the 1940s.

thanks for the tip---I'll be stopping there all summer long-between the Harrisburg gun shows and Carlisle car shows. I'll be bringing the 5 gal container for the OPE as well. I've been ravaged by E10 too long
smile.gif

I've been at thousands of Canadian and American fuel cardlocks for co-op funded fuels, deep inside the grain belt farmlands...

Only once or twice have I ever seen a cardlock offering marked gasoline for farming purposes. Every single other time marked diesel has been readily available.

If farmers are getting ethanol free gasoline, great for them, but they sure in the heck aren't using a lot of it by any means. Finding marked gasoline for farming purposes is nearly impossible in the first place.

This place is only marketing on the fact that there's a niche of people who want the "feels good to help at home" mentality of buying all-American fuel: and knowing people on this site they'll make a good buck in doing so.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back