Valvoline NextGen Q&A Answers posted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: dave1251
Thanks for the update and that was fast! Thanks Valvoline.

+1

That was good information. They get their recycled base stock from several different sources. That means recycled oil may not be a flash in the pan fad. A+++

This was an interesting reading, although some of the answers were predictable. The most interesting discovery, for me, was that MaxLife/Maxlife Nextgen are synthetic blend oils. Taking into account the stronger additive package used in the MaxLife products and that they usually cost only $2-3 more than Valvoline's conventional oils, I think that MaxLife oils are a pretty good value.

Unfortunately, no one has asked the question why is it so hard to find Maxlife Nextgen 5W20 in stores. None of the parts stores where I live carry it. According to Walmart's web site, some Walmart locations have it. However, the ones that I visit do not have it.

Originally Posted By: Zako2
Unfortunately, no one has asked the question why is it so hard to find Maxlife Nextgen 5W20 in stores. None of the parts stores where I live carry it. According to Walmart's web site, some Walmart locations have it. However, the ones that I visit do not have it.

I think you (and I) are just prisoners of the market. While they said it's available in Canada, I have yet to see it. We're always behind the curve in that kind of thing anyway. I finally found Defy, and Nextgen shouldn't be too far behind, or I'm simply not looking hard enough.

"While Valvoline’s formulations are a trade secret Valvoline has at its disposal, Group III, Group III+, Group IV (PAO) and various Group V base oils and we use these as appropriate to meet our high standards."

So is VWB a group III base stock since they don't mention anything about group II a group II+. Wouldn't that put VWB at a higher quality level than even PYB with it's group II+ base stock?

Thank you Valvoline for following up so quickly,and professionally with our questions. Definitely going to stock up on the next-Gen 5W-20.
grin.gif

This is interesting:

Question: Valvoline NextGen Conventional and MaxLife claims containing 50% recycled oil. Is 50% a maximal, minimal, or average amount of recycled oil in NextGen? (sunfire)

Answer: 50% is the minimum amount of re-refined oil we put into each formulation.

Originally Posted By: MuzzleFlash40
"While Valvoline’s formulations are a trade secret Valvoline has at its disposal, Group III, Group III+, Group IV (PAO) and various Group V base oils and we use these as appropriate to meet our high standards."

So is VWB a group III base stock since they don't mention anything about group II a group II+. Wouldn't that put VWB at a higher quality level than even PYB with it's group II+ base stock?

I can't provide my source but there may or may not be truth to this statement
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Provi

wink.gif

I'm having a hard time believing that the lowest base stock that Valvoline uses is Group III. If so, why don't they label all of their oils synthetic?

Originally Posted By: A_Harman

wink.gif

I'm having a hard time believing that the lowest base stock that Valvoline uses is Group III. If so, why don't they label all of their oils synthetic?

Well, it turns out great UOA's all the time. So maybe this has something to do with it. Having the superior base stock and things in the add pack that won't show up on a UOA. Also could explain why it's a couple dollars more than the others. I haven't used VWB in years, maybe it's time to give it a try.

wink.gif

because it isn't 100% group III

What I found most interesting was this answer:

Quote:
NextGen DuraBlend is currently available.

I don't see any mention of it on their website.

-Bryan

Hypothetical alert:

Well, they 'could' say blend but think about it...

Most people are 'completely' ignorant on anything aside from 'oil grade'.

I mean, come on. People still are afraid of 5w-30 over 10w-30 these days, EVEN when their oil cap says 5w-30! ...and I STILL to this day see people posting on other sites the wrong information about changing oil from 'conventional' to 'synthetic' anything...being bad bad bad. It's based on fear. It's not accurate, it's "oh no oil consumption increase" without learning why. So people condemn the oil or reason changing types is wrong.

People work on 4 basic emotions. Any good company knows this and works to make people feel comfortable.

PS: Remember, their high mileage used to say blend and it still is a blend. Sort of a trend for Ashland. JMO...

PPS: Thanks, Valvoline! Next 2 oil changes on the DD are your products.
grin2.gif
banana2.gif

thumbsup2.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ltslimjim
PS: Remember, their high mileage used to say blend and it still is a blend. Sort of a trend for Ashland. JMO...

That's exactly it. You know it's a blend, regardless of the labelling. I know it, and so does everyone here. The general public obviously doesn't care or doesn't understand, since so few oils are labelled as such these days.

In any case, I've still got my eyes open for NextGen up here! Come on, Walmart, you've had great VWB sales, now bring in some NextGen at a smoking price.

wink.gif

because it isn't 100% group III

But if the lowest base stock that Valvoline uses in any of their oils is GrpIII, then the rest would have to be Grp's IV & V, which would definitely make the oil synthetic.

wink.gif

because it isn't 100% group III [/quote]

But if the lowest base stock that Valvoline uses in any of their oils is GrpIII, then the rest would have to be Grp's IV & V, which would definitely make the oil synthetic. [/quote]

it isn't. synpower is still superior

For those of us in Canada, tonight, I saw Valvoline NetGen at Walmart. Its regular price is $3 cheaper per five litre jug than any other conventional five litre jug on the shelf, including VWB. By the litre bottle, it's about $1.50 cheaper per litre.

Any information on when the individuals who asked questions will be receiving their mail-in rebate via email?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back